Have your say on improving transport in Lambeth!

  • Lambeth Cyclists
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      We have recieved further information about the consultations taking place in December in preparation for the Local Implementation Plan for the Mayor's 10 Year Transport Strategy.

      Thhere are two meetings taking place in December - Tuesday  11 December at 6.30pm, St Mary's Church Hall, St Alphonsus Road, Clapham SW4 for Clapham and Stockwell and Wednesday 12 December at 6.30pm, St Leonard's Church, Tooting Bec Gardens, Streatham SW16 for Streatham.

      The council have asked that if you would like to go you contact Ian Killingbeck ikillingbeck@..., 020 7926 0145 to ensure that there are adequate facilities at the venue and to take into account any special requirements. The document is available on the Lambeth website www.lambeth.gov.uk or from that number. (on the website click on council services/ environment directorate and the Local Implementation Plan is two thirds down the page/ alternatively search for the plan in the council docs field)

      In addition we have been invited to a meeting of the Stockwell Partnership this Thursday 6 December, 7pm at Stockwell Community Resource Centre, Studley Road, Stockwell SW4 (behind Stockwell tube station). They will be discussing the proposal by Transport for London for the Cross River Transit scheme which will link Brixton and Stockwell to Camden Town by tram via Aldwych and over Waterloo Bridge. Come and have your say on the proposals, alternatively contact TFL on 020 7957 3363 for the papers or they are on the TFL website www.transportforlondon.gov.uk (although its not immediately obvious where - I suppose try news). The Stockwell Partnership meeting will also be an end of year social event with 'local band Festivo Trio', performance poets, snacks and drinks. Well worth attending for this alone!

      Luke

      Lambeth Cyclists