Bath-based bike website wants deputy editor

  • Rebecca Lack
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
      This job with Future Publishing (Cycling Plus, MBUK among other mags) might be of interest to someone on the e-groups.Rebeccahttp://jobs.guardian.co.uk/job/756390/deputy-editor-bikeradar-bath/About The RoleDo you fancy working with the world's most comprehensive cycling website?With over 482,117 unique visitors per month BikeRadar.com provides a uniquely rich consumer experience with the web's largest cycling product database, more than 2,400 reviews, lively forums and over 39,000 user-generated bike routes.We are now looking for a Deputy Editor to work alongside the best cycling journalists in the game. You will share the responsibility of expanding and developing the existing editorial content, engaging the community we've built and driving traffic with innovative ideas for interactivity. You will occasionally take responsibility for the whole site, including sign off for the development work, working alongside the project manager, design team, ads, marketing and operations. You will assist with the creative for online story creation work as well as coordinating freelancers, website contributors and creating a system for effective communication within the website editorial team.About YouYou will love bikes in all their incarnations with a passion, and will be aware of trends in the market: both in on-line publishing and in the world of bikes, with some journalism experience you will have written news, have sub-edited copy, as well as managing team members and freelancers. Excited about publishing content on-line you will have a well-grounded knowledge of internet technology, an understanding of how to deliver SEO copy. An effective organiser with editorial talent you will have excellent creative skills and the drive to further develop this successful website.What We Can Offer YouIn addition to a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and comprehensive training programmes this is a fantastic opportunity to work within an exciting environment with a team of talented people on high profile projects.About UsFuture is an international special-interest media company creating over 180 publications, websites and events, with strong portfolios in the technology, games, music, automotive and sports sectors.Launched against the backdrop of the Tour de France's first ever UK Grand D�part BikeRadar is the comprehensive bike website, serving the world's community of cyclists a constantly updated mixture of news, product reviews, routes and user generated content.One over-arching brand with 4 distinct 'channels' Road, Mountain Biking, Commuting and Beginners & Family the site offers expert advice, opinion and reporting from a team of vastly experienced print and web journalists with Editors in Europe, North America & Australia allowing content to be posted 24 hours a day.How To ApplyTo help us ensure we select the right candidates for interview please upload your CV and covering letter online, focusing on why you are the right person for the job. Please also submit an example of original news writing.You will also need to indicate what salary range you would ideally be looking for.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
        "With over 482,117 unique visitors per month" .. 482,118 then?
        Slightly specific!