Advance Stop Lines in Lambeth

  • Lambeth_Cyclists@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2001
      Your help please!

      We have been approached by Lambeth Borough Council and asked for
      suggestions for junctions in Lambeth that could benefit from advance
      stop lines (ASLs).

      ASLs are the areas marked for cyclists in front of the queues of cars
      at traffic lights (usually done in green tarmac) - allowing cyclists
      to come to the front and have priority over the cars. They should
      reduce the risk of injury from turning cars etc.

      In the next financial year Lambeth want to introduce ASLs at
      junctions that offer the most benefit to cyclists.

      They've asked for our input to make sure they do what cyclists
      actually want - suggestions so far include
      Coldharbour Lane junction with Brixton Road
      Acre Lane junction with Brixton Road
      Loughborough Road junction with Brixton Road

      What do you think?
      Which junctions do you regularly use? Could they benefit from ASLs?

      If you have any suggestions please email them to the Council Liaison
      Officer Clare Neely - clare@... or reply to this
      email.

      Luke