Do you use the A23 top of Brixton Hill to Norbury?

  • Lambeth Cyclists
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2001
      We have been approached by consultants working for Transport for London for cyclists' views on cycle lane provision on the A23 between the A205 Christchurch Road and the B273 Green Lane just past Streatham Common towards Norbury. If you use this route where would you like to see cycle lanes or other cycling facilities. if you have any suggestion please email/ write to/ phone Colin Ferguson at Parkman - cjferguson@....  Please also copy us in ( lambeth_cyclists@... ). This is a great opportunity as the consultants seem to be coming to the scheme with open minds ready to implement what we as cyclists want. They would like to have responses by the end of August.

      Luke
      Lambeth Cyclists

      Message from Colin Ferguson:

      We have been commissioned by Transport for London Street Management to
      undertake initial assessments for the provision of cycle
      lanes/facilities along the A23 between its junctions with the A205
      Christchurch Road and the B273 Green Lane.

      We have touched base with Akhtar Miah of LB Lambeth, regarding the local
      traffic authority's views on cycle issues for this part of the A23, and
      would like also to seek the views of any local cycle groups. Akhtar
      suggested we get in touch with you; hence this e-mail.

      We have not yet formulated any proposed improvements and at this stage
      are open to suggestions. We would welcome especially some feedback the
      most common concerns of cyclists who regularly use the route either
      regularly or for leisure purposes. For your information, we are in
      possession of the details of reported injury accidents involving
      cyclists over the last 3 years, and have made site visits, but these in
      themselves tend not to be sufficient to give an adequate account of the
      issues confronting cyclists.

      We need to complete our assessment by the end of August, so your views
      by the end of next week would be most welcome. I can arrange for someone
      to meet you on site if you wish.

      Regards,
      for Parkman

      COLIN FERGUSON