Free Dr Bike throughout summer - no joke

  • Lambeth Cyclists
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Lambeth Council have asked that the following details be circulated.

      Don't forget that Lambeth Cyclists are running a Cyclists' Breakfast and Dr Bike Wednesday morning, 2nd April, around 8am to 9am, on the forecourt of 336 Brixton Road (on the left as you go northwards into town). Tell your friends and see you there!

      NB if the html formatting does not come through in this e-mail, it's also on our website which you can hopefully see:

      http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=1102

      London Borough of Lambeth: our disclaimer is at the end of this e-mail.

      Hi Phil

      Is it possible to place this on the Lambeth CC website?

      Free Dr Bike surgeries to take place every week throughout the summer!

      There is no excuse not to fish that bike out of the back of your shed and get it back on the road. Cycling improves your health and if it is used as an alternative form of transport will reduce CO2 emissions too. Cycling in the summer is a fantastic way to get around and to see the borough from a vantage point unobtainable from four wheels. Worried about cycling on the road? Take advantage of our subsidised cycle training which will increase your confidence with one-on-one instruction.

      Location

      April

      May

      June

      July

      August

      September

      October

      Outside Kings
      College

      1

      6

      3

      1

      5

      2

      7

      Clapham Common

      8

      13

      10

      8

      12

      9

      14

      Streatham Common

      15

      20

      17

      15

      19

      16

      21

      Brockwell Park

      22

      27

      24

      22

      26

      23

      28

      Bring your bike to the location nearest to you for a free quick service including brakes, tyres and gears every week from April. The sessions take place between 5 - 7pm at each of the venues

      Outside Kings College - opposite the Imax, outside James Maxwell building Waterloo Road
      Clapham Common � by the junction of Cedar�s Road and Clapham Common Northside
      Streatham Common � next to the playground adjacent to Streatham High Street
      Brockwell Park � opposite Rosendale Road, entrance off Norwood Road

      We look forward to seeing you there. Happy cycling.

    • Philip Loy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Okay the format of that e-mail was truly awful!

        Sorry, I rushed it out 'as was'. As a couple of people have asked,
        here it is again reformatted as a text e-mail.

        This also provides an opportunity for me to ask if there might be
        anyone who is willing to spend as little or as much as you like at
        one of the locations to talk to people about cycling and Lambeth
        Cyclists. I.e. what we do (rides, maintenance classes, campaigns,
        etc), and how we might be of help to cyclists.

        Doesn't matter if you don't know everything inside out (I certainly
        don't!), what matters is a friendly face to talk to people about
        cycling and LCC, even as a non-active member it's still valuable for
        new cyclists.

        We'll get some leaflets out to the stalls that Lambeth Council are
        holding anyway. If you want a chat about it, feel free to ring me on
        07960 026450.

        Thanks to Suzy Harrison and Michael Bury at Lambeth Council for
        arranging these.

        Regards
        Philip

        Free Dr Bike surgeries to take place every week throughout the summer!

        There is no excuse not to fish that bike out of the back of your shed
        and get it back on the road. Cycling improves your health and if it
        is used as an alternative form of transport will reduce CO2 emissions
        too. Cycling in the summer is a fantastic way to get around and to
        see the borough from a vantage point unobtainable from four wheels.

        Worried about cycling on the road? Take advantage of our subsidised
        cycle training which will increase your confidence with one-on-one
        instruction.

        Bring your bike to the location nearest to you for a free quick
        service including brakes, tyres and gears every week from April. The
        sessions take place between 5 - 7pm at each of the venues.

        Month/ Location 2008

        April
        1st - Outside Kings College
        8th - Clapham Common
        15th - Streatham Common
        22nd - Brockwell Park

        May
        6th - Outside Kings College
        13th - Clapham Common
        20th - Streatham Common
        27th - Brockwell Park

        June
        3rd - Outside Kings College
        10th - Clapham Common
        17th - Streatham Common
        24th - Brockwell Park

        July
        1st - Outside Kings College
        8th - Clapham Common
        15th - Streatham Common
        22nd - Brockwell Park

        August
        5th - Outside Kings College
        12th - Clapham Common
        19th - Streatham Common
        26th - Brockwell Park

        September
        2nd - Outside Kings College
        9th - Clapham Common
        16th - Streatham Common
        23rd - Brockwell Park

        October
        7th - Outside Kings College
        14th - Clapham Common
        21st - Streatham Common
        28th - Brockwell Park

        Outside Kings College: opposite the Imax, outside James Maxwell
        building, Waterloo Road

        Clapham Common: by the junction of Cedar's Road and Clapham Common
        Northside

        Streatham Common: next to the playground adjacent to Streatham High
        Street

        Brockwell Park: opposite Rosendale Road, entrance off Norwood Road

        We look forward to seeing you there. Happy cycling.

        See also:

        http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=1102

      • Olivia Christophersen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
          Hi All

          Anyone fancy helping out on the Lambeth Cyclists stall at either of these two very different but equally colourful events?

          Streatham Kite Day, Streatham Common, this Sunday, 11am-5pm.
          http://www.streathamkiteday.org.uk/
          This is an annual event organised by fellow Lambeth Cyclist, Bob Colover. We’ll be there all day so if anyone can spare an hour or two to join us on our stall that would be great. If you can make it, can you drop me a line on okchristophersen@... - or you could just turn up on the day.

          Synergy, SE1, Friday 18th April, 9pm-8am.
          www.thesynergyproject.org
          This will be our third visit to this nightclub/indoor festival - the last 2 events were good fun and very well attended. We need to give the organisers the names of any volunteers by this Friday so they can put them on the guest list, so if you’re interested in coming along to lend a hand please can you drop me a line tomorrow (Thursday). Sorry for the short notice.

          Thanks
          Olivia

          Philip Loy <philip_loy@...> wrote: Okay the format of that e-mail was truly awful!

[...]

          Too many e-mails? Don't leave! Advice here:
          http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=525

          Lambeth Cyclists are a branch of the London Cycling Campaign.
          http://www.lambethcyclists.org.uk
          http://www.lcc.org.uk/

          Email: lambeth_cyclists@...
          Yahoo! Groups Links