FW: Consultation on Hampstead Heath Management Plan

  • Philip Loy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      From: Jean Dollimore
      Sent: 01 April 2007 22:41
      To: LCC BC
      Cc: Stefano Casalotti
      Subject: [lccbc] Consultation on Hampstead Heath Management Plan

      Dear Borough Coordinators,

      We have already contacted coordinators and yahoo lists of the boroughs
      nearest to Camden, but please pass the following message on to your own
      group if you think there is any local interest in the fate of cycling on
      Hampstead Heath. We would also like to know whether any other borough groups
      would be willing to put in a response as a group, supporting the response
      from Camden.

      Jean and Stefano

      ===================

      Dear London Cyclists

      We're sure that some cyclists in the more distant boroughs are almost as
      keen to have more cycle links on Hampstead Heath as we are in Camden.

      You may not realise that the City of London is now consulting on its new
      plans for Hampstead Heath, which promise a review of cycling in the spring,
      but indicate that they are very worried about the strong feelings against
      more cycling from some Heath users.

      If plenty of cyclists reply to the consultation, it could help a lot, so
      please, all of you take the time to do so.

      We have some information on our website about our campaign and how to to get
      the response form etc. Have a look at

      <http://www.camdencyclists.org.uk/camden/campaigns/consultation-response-03-
      07> Notes on consultation

      http://www.camdencyclists.org.uk/camden/campaigns/consultation-response-03-0
      7

      Camden CC (and some other local groups) will be sending in a response from
      the group, but the current situation clearly requires mass support from
      cyclists for any chance of success.

      Jean Dollimore and Stefano Casalotti (Camden Cycling Campaign)