Cycling for Women - project launch with Jenny Jones

  • Lambeth Cyclists
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2003
      Hello all, this is an invite for all women cyclists and potential
      cyclists in Lambeth who would like to take part in a photoshoot with
      Jenny Jones, Deputy Mayor of London, on Tuesday 16th September to
      launch the Women's Design Service's 'Cycling for Women' project.

      Time: from 8am (finishing at 9am - please come for as little or as
      much as you like)
      Place: outside Brixton Cycles, 145 Stockwell Road, SW9 9TN
      http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newprint.srf?x=530865&y=175939&z=1

      Date: Tuesday 16th September

      Bring your bike if you have one!

      Please contact me if you would like to take part or you have any
      questions astredwick@... tel 020 7490 5210

      Cycling for Women is a year-long pilot project seeking to understand
      and address the reasons why comparatively few women compared with
      men cycle as a means of transport in London. Based in the boroughs
      of Camden and Lambeth, it uses 'action research' methods as well as
      traditional research to understand gender issues relating to cycling
      and the urban environment. The project aims to encourage and enable
      more women to cycle, and to disseminate good practise to policy-
      makers and practitioners.

      Jenny Jones has agreed to help with publicity for the project by
      appearing in the photoshoot and endorsing it. It would be great if
      other women cyclists and potential cyclists in Lambeth could join in
      too. You do not have to be there for the whole hour so do turn up
      for as much or as little time as you like. The core photo-taking
      session will take place 8:15-8:45am.

      Please contact me if you would like to take part or you have any
      questions astredwick@... tel 020 7490 5210

      Finally, the Cycling for Women project is specifically aimed at
      women in Camden and Lambeth. As the project progresses we may be
      involving men too, for example in the Cycle Network easy rides we
      will be organising.

      Many thanks!

      Alix

      Alix Stredwick