474Re: [Lambengolmor] _Huorn_

  • Edward J. Kloczko
    Aug 12, 2003
      Patrick H. Wynne wrote

      > [My apologies for having overlooked your discussion of _huorn_ --
      > I'm guilty of not speaking a single word of French, alas! Are there
      > any plans for an English translation of this book?

      No, all the US publishing houses I have approached have declined it
      because of the usual copyright problem.

      > I'd also like to know if in your book you explained your reasoning
      > for glossing the first element of _huorn_ as 'shouting' -- or is the
      > passage cited above all that is said there on the topic? -- PHW]

      No I haven't gone into much explanation about _hû-orn_ > _Huorn_
      in my book. But I should have translated in my post _hû-orn_ as
      'barking-tree' instead, since *KHUG- 'bark, bay'.

      Edouard Kloczko

      [Thanks for the further clarification! -- PHW]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic