1105Re: [Lambengolmor] Re: Parma Eldalamberon Issue No. 19 - Announcement

  • sean wells
    Nov 5, 2010
      Hello, I am new to the Lambengolmor and to the study of Tolkien's languages.�
      The discovery of all the scholars dedicated to this study is exciting. The
      journals that collect your scholarship will be treasured for many years.

      The Vinyar Tengwar's collected volumes 1-5b are a fantastic resource. I eagerly
      await #50.

      The Parma Eldalamberon is also wonderful. I have found that 1-7, 11, 14-17, &
      19 are available. Does anyone know of a resource for purchasing out-of-print
      issues of the Parma Eldalamberon? Or do these out-of-print issues get reprinted
      periodically?

      Thank you,
      Sean

      [Yes, editor Christopher Gilson does occasionally reprint back-issues of PE.

      I'd like to take this occasion to update folks on _Vinyar Tengwar_. First, I must apologize for the very long delay in producing issue 50. I had hoped to have finished it (much) earlier this year, but my (bill-paying) work schedule has been intense for many months now as my two software development projects race critical and tight release deadlines. However, that should come to an end soon, and I will in any event be taking the last half of December off, so should be able to finish the issue by year's end, and publish it shortly after that. Second, many have noted the disappearance _The Collected Vinyar Tengwar_ Vol. 5b from availability on Lulu.com; this was due to Lulu.com's automated PDF-validity-checking tools deciding that there was at least one error in at least one of the PDF files that vol. 5b comprises: but they couldn't tell me what or where the errors were. And rather than trying to track that down, I decided just to wait until the volume is completed with VT 50 and generate a whole new set of PDFs then. So again, hopefully around the beginning of the new year, the completed vol. 5 will be available.

      This is also a good occasion to make a periodic reference to the guidelines for this group:
      <http://www.elvish.org/LambengolmorList/>. CFH]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic