CONCLAVE DIRECTIONS IMPORTANT

  • brio586
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2011
      For those of you going to Conclave you are probably a little confused on the directions on how to get there. If you need to reach me my number is 310.567.0148 I will be leaving Torrance at 5:30. Here are the directions I was given in an email from out section chief. I'm sorry if you have any problems getting up there.

      Whether you are coming from the North or the South on Highway 101, take the Highway 154 exit. There will be signs and Arrowmen posted on the 154 near both entrances to the camp to direct you to the correct entrance. The traffic staff will be in place from approximately 5 PM Friday until 10PM Friday, when the check-in table will close. If you can not make it to the camp by 10 PM Friday, for safety and security reasons, we strongly suggest that you plan on arriving first thing Saturday morning instead. Northbound traffic (from Santa Barbara) will take Highway 154 approximately 17 miles. DO NOT make the left turn into the first entrance to the Camp that you will encounter at the emergency telephone box labeled 16.3 miles. There is no left turn lane, and oncoming traffic has a blind corner approaching this entrance. Instead, continue 1/2 mile to the next left turn, which has a left turn lane and will be marked. Turn left into the Camp Whittier road where Arrowmen will direct you to turn around to get back on the southbound 154. Proceed 1/2 mile till you see the Emergency Telephone Call Box (16.3 mile marker) on your left. The entrance is immediately on your right. Turn right into the camp's driveway. Go up this drive approximately one mile to the camp. Signal your turn intentions well before the entrance.

      Southbound traffic will exit Highway 101 midway between Los Alamos and Buellton and travel approximately 16 miles to the camp entrance. Do not take the first entrance labeled Rancho Alegre. Continue an additional 1/2 mile till you see the Emergency Telephone Call Box (16.3 mile marker) on your left. The entrance is immediately on your right. Turn right into the camp's driveway. Go up this drive approximately one mile to the camp. Signal your turn intentions well before the entrance.