coat of arms

  • Spiritnsas@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hi,

      I am searching for the coat of arms for the Lake family. A good friend of
      mine is a Lake and I have been working on a cool Christmas present, for which
      I need the coat of arms. I am hoping someone here wouldn't mind mailing or
      e-mailing me something, as I don't need a parchment or anything commercial.
      Just something I can get the coat of arms from for my project.

      Thank you so much for your help.

      Julie
    • Marshall Lake
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 1999
        > I am searching for the coat of arms for the Lake family. A good friend of
        > mine is a Lake and I have been working on a cool Christmas present, for which
        > I need the coat of arms. I am hoping someone here wouldn't mind mailing or
        > e-mailing me something, as I don't need a parchment or anything commercial.
        > Just something I can get the coat of arms from for my project.

        There is one example of a coat of arms for LAKE at
        http://melake.erols.com/lake/coat-of-arms.jpg
        and
        http://melake.erols.com/lake/coat-of-arms.txt

        The image came from the book "A Genealogy of the Lake Family" by Adams &
        Risley.

        I know very little about coat of arms but I am under the impression that a
        family with the same surname may have several coats of arms. So, this
        particular coat of arms may be for one LAKE individual or a group of
        individuals.

        Marshall Lake - mlake@... - http://melake.erols.com
        http://melake.erols.com/the-beach http://melake.erols.com/genealogy