William Lake of Iowa and Illinois

  • hooyah@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2000
      I'm just starting my ancestory search. My family is mainly from Iowa and Illinois. My great,great grandfather was William Lake. He owned property in what is now downtown Chicago. Worked on the NW railroad, was a lawyer and in the State Legislature. Problem is, I don't know much else about him or which state legislature he was in. He died in 1919 and was in his 90's.
      My grandmother Louisa Irene Lake lived in Clinton, IA. Was born in 1887 and was a school teacher in Greely, CO. Moved to the Chicago area. Married John Christensen.
      If you have any information or are related, please write to me.
    • Marshall Lake
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2000
        > I'm just starting my ancestory search. My family is mainly from Iowa
        > and Illinois. My great,great grandfather was William Lake. He owned
        > property in what is now downtown Chicago. Worked on the NW railroad,
        > was a lawyer and in the State Legislature. Problem is, I don't know
        > much else about him or which state legislature he was in. He died in
        > 1919 and was in his 90's. My grandmother Louisa Irene Lake lived in
        > Clinton, IA. Was born in 1887 and was a school teacher in Greely, CO.
        > Moved to the Chicago area. Married John Christensen. If you have any
        > information or are related, please write to me.

        I found one thing on a William Lake in Illinois at
        http://melake.erols.com/lake/Illinois

        Marshall Lake - mlake@... - http://melake.erols.com
        http://melake.erols.com/the-beach http://melake.erols.com/genealogy