Ladinokomunita is a correspondence circle written in Ladino (Judeo-Spanish), established in December of 1999. Topics of discussion center around Sephardic culture, history, and language, including: reminiscences of Sephardic life in Turkey, the United States, Rhodes, Salonica, or anywhere else in the world; Jewish holidays, customs, superstitions, foods, quaint sayings and proverbs, differences in vocabulary and pronunciation, origins of certain words, etc.; reports on aspects of Ladino history and literature by researchers and knowlegeable members. This is also a forum to announce programs and conferences relating to Ladino (or other aspects of Sephardic culture), as well as books, dictionaries, Ladino language courses, etc. Members may, in fact, discuss any subject of interest, including current affairs, science, literature, etc.
The purpose of the Ladinokomunita is to:
1. promote the use of Ladino;
2. spread the use of a standardized method for spelling Ladino with Roman characters, according to the rules established by the journal "Aki Yerushalayim." ( http://www.aki-yerushalayim.co.il/ay/075/075_05_grafya.htm );
3. promote knowledge of Sephardic History and culture.
Messages and stories on Ladinokomunita may NOT be used or copied elsewhere without permission from the writer or the group administrator.
Bienvenidos a la komunidad virtual de Ladino (djudeo-espanyol.) Mos korrespondemos aki en muestra kerida lingua para ke no mos ulvidemos de eya, ni de muestra erensia Sefaradi.
Todos los mesajes deven ser en djudeo-espanyol
Rachel Amado Bortnick
* Messages must be written in Ladino. *
* A multi-lingual Ladino dictionary in progress can be found at:
* Some Ladino lessons can be found at:
Ladinokomunita ranks as #1 Ladino (Judeo-Spanish) Groups
- Jan 4, 2000
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.