My Station

  • dudnjen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      I have just installed a 3600 La Crosse weather station. I am situated
      in the uk in Worcester 50 m absl and would like to exchange Data with
      other users as the data builds up.
      I would like to know if there is any other software that I can install
      to give me a better graphical/picture of the recorded info.
      What do you all use?

      Dud
    • Russell Tucker
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        WS2310 here in TX. Only full bodied cost effective program I have found
        friendly to WS stations is at http://www.weather-display.com/

        Russell Tucker

        _____

        I have just installed a 3600 La Crosse weather station. I am situated
        in the uk in Worcester 50 m absl and would like to exchange Data with
        other users as the data builds up.
        I would like to know if there is any other software that I can install
        to give me a better graphical/picture of the recorded info.
        What do you all use?

        Dud

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "Lacrosse_weather_stations
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lacrosse_weather_stations> " on the web.

        cribe>

        _____

      • Dexter
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          dudnjen ha detto: in data 01/07/2005 20.41:
          > I have just installed a 3600 La Crosse weather station. I am situated
          > in the uk in Worcester 50 m absl and would like to exchange Data with
          > other users as the data builds up.
          > I would like to know if there is any other software that I can install
          > to give me a better graphical/picture of the recorded info.
          > What do you all use?
          >
          > Dud
          Hi there!
          Here's my installation:
          http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-staz

          here you can find some experiments:
          http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-index

          http://open3600.altervista.org/
          here you can find the complete source code available now for the 3600,
          if you can help in developing it just send me an email ;)

          ciao
        • david wynn
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            Hi guys
            I run "vittual weather station" on my ws2310. I find that although it was
            expensive to buy the liscence and then do the upgrades its been worthwhile
            ( aprox $200.00 Usd)
            Im still to work the software out fully but finds it's a great little
            number.
            Regards
            david

            dudnjen ha detto: in data 01/07/2005 20.41:
            > I have just installed a 3600 La Crosse weather station. I am situated
            > in the uk in Worcester 50 m absl and would like to exchange Data with
            > other users as the data builds up.
            > I would like to know if there is any other software that I can install
            > to give me a better graphical/picture of the recorded info.
            > What do you all use?
            >
            > Dud
            Hi there!
            Here's my installation:
            http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-staz

            here you can find some experiments:
            http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-index

            http://open3600.altervista.org/
            here you can find the complete source code available now for the 3600,
            if you can help in developing it just send me an email ;)

            ciao

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Fran Miele
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              Weather-display is a lot cheaper and works very well!!

              Fran

              _____

              dudnjen ha detto: in data 01/07/2005 20.41:
              > I have just installed a 3600 La Crosse weather station. I am situated
              > in the uk in Worcester 50 m absl and would like to exchange Data with
              > other users as the data builds up.
              > I would like to know if there is any other software that I can install
              > to give me a better graphical/picture of the recorded info.
              > What do you all use?
              >
              > Dud
              Hi there!
              Here's my installation:
              http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-staz

              here you can find some experiments:
              http://dexterweb.altervista.org/?p=meteo-index

              http://open3600.altervista.org/
              here you can find the complete source code available now for the 3600,
              if you can help in developing it just send me an email ;)

              ciao

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "Lacrosse_weather_stations
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lacrosse_weather_stations> " on the web.

              cribe>

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              _____

            • Dexter
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                Fran Miele ha detto: in data 02/07/2005 4.02:
                > Weather-display is a lot cheaper and works very well!!
                >

                > Fran
                WD has lots of features but its GUI is a mess :(
                also ftp uploading is a RAM killer
              • david wynn
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Hi fran
                  Don't get me wrong and I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I
                  shopped around for over 12 months to get an app to suit exactly what I
                  wanted and I looked at many free and user pays versions ( much to my wife's
                  distraction) and found the one that suits my needs to a tee with out
                  modification.
                  Now my station and soon to be purchased lightning tracker is all about to be
                  banished to its own computer!!!!! And the wife will have herrs back!
                  Happy weather watching
                  dave

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Running a dedicated server to handle Weather Display software is the
                    easiest solution. I am running a Athalon 1ghz, 512 m ram that handles
                    WDisplay, webserver, and my own personal FTP server. It sits in the
                    corner running Linux and behaves quite well.

                    Uptime 7:14am up 537 days 19:55, 5 users, load average:: 0.02, 0.08, 0.03.

                    Bill

                    --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "david wynn"