Re: Non-existent rain

  • Dimitris
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
      There is possibility happen it.

      1) Spiders walk over pcb reed switch
      2) RF interferences,maybe somebody near to you is radioamateur
      3) Airspeed or something else make vibration at raingauge
      4) Problem reed switch
      5) Check the rain gauge cable for shortcircuit

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris

      --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Liz <liz@...> wrote:

      > My rain gauge has started reporting rain that isn't.
      > A perfectly fine day could have a couple of mm of rain recorded, not
      > progressively, just all at once.
      > Has anyone had this before?
      > I've seen a few reports of spiders fixing a rain gauge in place, but
      > can't recall one doing extra rain.

    • Liz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
        On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:20:47 -0000
        "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

        > There is possibility happen it.
        >
        > 1) Spiders walk over pcb reed switch

        could be

        > 2) RF interferences,maybe somebody near to you is radioamateur

        guilty as charged, but it happens independent of transmission

        > 3) Airspeed or something else make vibration at raingauge

        independent of windspeed

        > 4) Problem reed switch

        could be

        > 5) Check the rain gauge cable for shortcircuit

        very likely

        > Best regards from Greece
        > Dimitris
        > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html