Re: [LacrosseWS] Non-existent rain

  • Liz
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2012
      On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:42:59 +1030
      Ken <ken.wagnitz@...> wrote:

      > A long shot but...
      >
      > I had my WS mounted on a gatepost into my pool. Whenever the gate was
      > slammed, I got a rainfall reading. (The bucket tips easily.)
      > If the bucket housing is coming apart, I guess wind into it would be
      > an issue too.
      > Presumably you've checked it physically?
      >
      > Ken.

      MSO says he's checked the bucket, the tipping mechanism, etc.
      It's screwed to the box guttering on the roof so it isn't easy to check.

      Perhaps it still is rodent damage to cabling
    • Dimitris
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
        There is possibility happen it.

        1) Spiders walk over pcb reed switch
        2) RF interferences,maybe somebody near to you is radioamateur
        3) Airspeed or something else make vibration at raingauge
        4) Problem reed switch
        5) Check the rain gauge cable for shortcircuit

        Best regards from Greece
        Dimitris

        --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Liz <liz@...> wrote:

        > My rain gauge has started reporting rain that isn't.
        > A perfectly fine day could have a couple of mm of rain recorded, not
        > progressively, just all at once.
        > Has anyone had this before?
        > I've seen a few reports of spiders fixing a rain gauge in place, but
        > can't recall one doing extra rain.

      • Liz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2012
          On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:20:47 -0000
          "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

          > There is possibility happen it.
          >
          > 1) Spiders walk over pcb reed switch

          could be

          > 2) RF interferences,maybe somebody near to you is radioamateur

          guilty as charged, but it happens independent of transmission

          > 3) Airspeed or something else make vibration at raingauge

          independent of windspeed

          > 4) Problem reed switch

          could be

          > 5) Check the rain gauge cable for shortcircuit

          very likely

          > Best regards from Greece
          > Dimitris
          > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html