8610 and open8610win on Windows 7 x64

  • junie10020
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2011
      Anyone managed to get this to work? Any hints or tips?

      is it possible?
    • sgnuf
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2012
        Yes, check open8610win2.1.zip and WS8610-CS.zip in the files section.
        I'm using it on Windows 7 x64 and it works very well.

        --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "junie10020" <junie10020@...> wrote:

        > Anyone managed to get this to work? Any hints or tips?
        >
        > is it possible?

      • junie10020
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2012
          Thanks for that, although I dont have a compiler installed currently... Any chance of sharing the compiled version? Will be much apreciated :)

          --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "sgnuf" <sgnuf@...> wrote:

          > Yes, check open8610win2.1.zip and WS8610-CS.zip in the files section.
          > I'm using it on Windows 7 x64 and it works very well.
          >
          > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "junie10020" <junie10020@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone managed to get this to work? Any hints or tips?
          > >
          > > is it possible?

        • Jeff Bogumil
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2012
            Fyi, on this general topic of running WS8610 software under 64bit Windows--
            to my surprise I've found that on a PC equipped with a legacy RS232
            hardware Uart, I've been able to read/"export" the WS8610's 2000+ record
            internal data cache using the old/original LaCrosse "Data Recorder"
            running under MS Windows HomeServer 2011 (a 64bit, abbreviated "home" OS
            variant of MS Win Server 2008 R2.) I haven't attempted installation under
            64bit Win7, but that may also be possible. In addition to the presence of
            a legacy RS232 Uart (in my experience ESSENTIAL for DataRecorder
            operation), I've used XP compatibility mode at both DR install and run
            time.

            NO disrespect to Open8610, a VERY important/useful open-source
            reverse-engineered public service by volunteers-- sadly, with no help from
            LaCrosse Inc, even to document their bit-banging nonstandard interface
            protocol-- but my particular WS8610 application/need requires use of the
            WS8610's internal 2000+ record data cache. (I.e., as opposed to requiring
            that the device be continuously cabled-up to a PC, so as to read current
            temp/humidity values with Open8610's "Log" utility.) Unhappily, but
            understandably given the obfuscated comm challenge, I've never seen
            Open8610's "History" utility successfully retrieve more than a few hundred
            records (even thru legacy RS232 Uart hardware.)

            On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM, junie10020 <junie10020@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for that, although I dont have a compiler installed currently...
            > Any chance of sharing the compiled version? Will be much apreciated :)
            >
            > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "sgnuf" <sgnuf@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, check open8610win2.1.zip and WS8610-CS.zip in the files section.
            > > I'm using it on Windows 7 x64 and it works very well.
            > >
            > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "junie10020"
            > <junie10020@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Anyone managed to get this to work? Any hints or tips?
            > > >
            > > > is it possible?

          • sgnuf
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2012
              I'm regulary using my custom WS8610 software since one year, and it
              works very well.
              It runs on win7 x64, on a pc with real serial port.
              Features include: dump memory, show arbitrary portions of memory, write
              memory, a windows service which downloads records and save them in
              sqlite format every x hours, plot of temperature and humidity data,
              detection of daylight saving time, and more...
              See screenshot in files section: WS8610Software.png
              <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AM-UUFL0WUMwk81WMsbjOvU1a_cfKAaZ9wcipoOw-p\
              oTPsqzgN-W4ZXNswAEeJEgCrkRIgbQkvbrdxXdnEYGJfWOuTw/WS8610/WS8610Software.\
              png>
              If ayone interested I can give source code in C#.

              --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Bogumil