WU - Uploading More than One Temperature

  • ajtestani
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2011
      I have been experimenting with how to upload a second temperature to Weather Underground. The WU protocol allows for multiple temperatures but if I send more than one temperature (manually) I don't know where it goes or is displayed.

      My requirement is to measure water temperature of a lake as well as air
      temperature and I plan to outboard the indoor temp sensor in my Lacrosse WS-2308 and submerge it. BTW, this is in Florida so I don't need to worry about freezing.

      I see where fetch2300.c acquires the indoor temperature and also can write a variant of wu2300.c to acquire and upload a second temperature.

      Does anyone know how a second temperature works on WU?
    • Marco-Luis SALCEDO TOVAR
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011
        Dear atestani:

        Please see my comments below:

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2011
          Marco-Luis,

          Thanks for all of the information.

          As I mentioned there is a way in the WU protocol to send more than one temperature and, in fact, I am doing it. I made a similar post to the WUHU Group and there a person from WU said they were thinking of using the second temperature for water temperature and would look into getting the second temperature posted on WU.

          In terms of the second temp sensor, I am out-boarding the WS-2308 inside temp sensor to use for my second temp reading. I've done this and have it working at about 15' of cable.

          Thanks for the specs and app notes. I have, in the past, used the LM35 and several other temp sensors in various projects (not weather related). In this case, I need to make the Lacrosse sensor work at about 35' from the console.