ws1081 USB variants on Linux

  • Robin Gilks
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
      Greetings all

      I see that there are a lot of badged weather stations with touch screen,
      solar outside unit and USB interface on the base station that I think are
      LaCrosse WS1081 or WH1081.

      Is there an open source application to interface to this range of units?

      They are so cheap I'm very tempted but no good if I can't read out the data!!

      --
      Robin Gilks
    • Steve Loft
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
        Robin,

        Those stations are actually manufactured by a company called Fine Offset.
        I've written my own software (Cumulus) but it's closed-source and Windows
        only, and I don't know of any open source linux software for them. But
        something probably does exist somewhere, and hopefully this information will
        help you in your search.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
          On 11 October 2010 11:43, Steve Loft <steve@...> wrote:
          > Robin,
          >

          > Those stations are actually manufactured by a company called Fine Offset.
          > I've written my own software (Cumulus) but it's closed-source and Windows
          > only, and I don't know of any open source linux software for them. But
          > something probably does exist somewhere, and hopefully this information will
          > help you in your search.

          Google found this
          http://code.google.com/p/fowsr/

          Colin

          > Steve

        • Robin Gilks
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
            > On 11 October 2010 11:43, Steve Loft <steve@...> wrote:
            >> Robin,
            >>

            >> Those stations are actually manufactured by a company called Fine
            >> Offset.
            >> I've written my own software (Cumulus) but it's closed-source and
            >> Windows
            >> only, and I don't know of any open source linux software for them. But
            >> something probably does exist somewhere, and hopefully this information
            >> will
            >> help you in your search.
            >
            > Google found this
            > http://code.google.com/p/fowsr/

            Cheers Colin

            Thats exactly what I'm looking for - I'll be able to replace the old
            WS2310 setup I have that is gradually failing part by part!!

            Once I have it up and running I'll rip apart the original outside unit
            from the WS2310 and use the transmitter to update the consoles I have now
            that I have found the transmit data format between the units for the
            LaCrosse kit.

            That gives me 3 consoles then (I had an earlier WS2310 fail on me!!)

            --
            Robin Gilks