Re: Fixed data with WS-8610

  • auguste.dupin19
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13 2:41 AM
      Hello,
      I've tested WS-8610 on Win XP and the only thing I can tell you is that Log8610.exe, History8610.exe and Dump8610.exe work perfectly well with one or several sensors, although I had problemes similar to yours at the beginning.

      Reseting WS-8610 is usless. It seems that a complete cycle is necessary to get log8610 reading WS-8610 memory properly. So, keep on measuring until you reach "max record count", then test again.

      Actually, I'm developing for my own needs a little sofware with VB6 running Log8610.exe and History8610.exe into a "Shell" instruction. Data are stored into an MS Access data base and displayed with listbox and graph. If anyone is interested, just write to me.

      --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Xilophen" <xilophen@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I try to export data from WS-8610 on linux (ubuntu / kernel 2.6.28).
      >
      > When I use :
      > sudo ./log8610echo test.log open8610.conf
      >
      > It produce :
      > open_weatherstation
      > spins_per_ns=1554.62
      > CLOCKS_PER_SEC=1000000.00
      > read_safe
      > read_safe - two readings identical
      > read_safe
      > read_safe - two readings identical
      > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
      > Reading record 0 at 0x64: 05 00 01 01 04 03 A5 AA 55 AA
      > read_safe
      > read_safe - two readings identical
      > Diff: 655197 records
      > Date record0: Thu Jan 1 00:05:00 2004
      > Date current: Wed Mar 24 23:50:00 2010
      > read_safe
      > read_safe - two readings identical
      > Next record start with 0x51, seems valid, skipping to it
      > read_safe
      > read_safe - two readings identical
      > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
      > Reading record 1998 at 0x4e70: 35 22 07 01 04 96 A4 AA 55 AA
      > 31/03 00:05:51 | Ti: 19.6 | Hi: 55 | To1: - | Ho1: - | To2: 55.5 | Ho2: 11 | To3: 115.6 | Ho3: 0 | Wed Jan 7 22:35:00 2004
      >
      > ------------
      >
      > Data is always from the 1998 record ... I've try to reset memory of the WS-8610 with memreset8610 and with hardware method with no success, always record 1998.
      >
      > I also try with another host on slax ... record 1998 ...
      >
      > any idea ?

    • stevec
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 13 9:48 PM
        Re below-
        I'd be happy to share my existing implementation of this. My WS3610 has run for a number of years. It's connected to a server PC in my garage that runs a web server, home automation and TV recording. As well as my application in VB6 - that uses the freeware I/O code to talk to the WS3610. My VB6 code runs every 15 minutes and uploads the current weather from the WS3610. It then writes that as a new record in an access data base. Then it uploads that record to Weather Underground's server for my registered weather station. I do this with my own VB6 push code. Lastly, my system maintains three web pages of weather on my home web server: Current, Last 24 hours and last 7 days. These web pages are created by reading records from the Access database archive I have.

        It's run 24/7 for years and never crashes, doesn't hog the CPU as does the HeavyWeather software.

        --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "auguste.dupin19" <auguste.dupin@...> wrote:
        > Actually, I'm developing for my own needs a little sofware with VB6 running Log8610.exe and History8610.exe into a "Shell" instruction. Data are stored into an MS Access data base and displayed with listbox and graph. If anyone is interested, just write to me.
        >

        > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Xilophen" <xilophen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I try to export data from WS-8610 on linux (ubuntu / kernel 2.6.28).
        > >
        > > When I use :
        > > sudo ./log8610echo test.log open8610.conf
        > >
        > > It produce :
        > > open_weatherstation
        > > spins_per_ns=1554.62
        > > CLOCKS_PER_SEC=1000000.00
        > > read_safe
        > > read_safe - two readings identical
        > > read_safe
        > > read_safe - two readings identical
        > > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
        > > Reading record 0 at 0x64: 05 00 01 01 04 03 A5 AA 55 AA
        > > read_safe
        > > read_safe - two readings identical
        > > Diff: 655197 records
        > > Date record0: Thu Jan 1 00:05:00 2004
        > > Date current: Wed Mar 24 23:50:00 2010
        > > read_safe
        > > read_safe - two readings identical
        > > Next record start with 0x51, seems valid, skipping to it
        > > read_safe
        > > read_safe - two readings identical
        > > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
        > > Reading record 1998 at 0x4e70: 35 22 07 01 04 96 A4 AA 55 AA
        > > 31/03 00:05:51 | Ti: 19.6 | Hi: 55 | To1: - | Ho1: - | To2: 55.5 | Ho2: 11 | To3: 115.6 | Ho3: 0 | Wed Jan 7 22:35:00 2004
        > >
        > > ------------
        > >
        > > Data is always from the 1998 record ... I've try to reset memory of the WS-8610 with memreset8610 and with hardware method with no success, always record 1998.
        > >
        > > I also try with another host on slax ... record 1998 ...
        > >
        > > any idea ?

      • Auguste Dupin
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14 2:17 AM
          Wonderful ! You've achieved what I'm trying to do. My project includes some home automation as well, with electric heater monitoring.
          That means :

          -testing temperature every 5 minutes
          -programming temperature in real time with a feed back through parallel port DB-25 to an external I/O card
          -archiving data into Access database (with graph display posibilities)
          -uploading data to Internet site and remote control

          I can manage with VB6 and Php, but I'm not "a pro", so I'll be glad to have your help and share trics and ideas. Bits of code will be welcome as well !

          - Did you find a way to emulate RS232 port directly with VB6 code and without open8610 ? (I didn't found any control to do this amoung VB6 tools)
          - What version of MS Access are you using ? Do you use DAO or ADO connexion ? (I'm using DAO at the moment though ADO seems nice)
          - The Web server I can freely use, runs Php code and Mysql data base. Do you know how to connect VB6 to Mysql database ? (I thought to upload txt files, because I don't know how do this connexion)

          I'd be happy to share my existing implementation of this. My WS3610 has run for a number of years. It's connected to a server PC in my garage that runs a web server, home automation and TV recording. As well as my application in VB6 - that uses the freeware I/O code to talk to the WS3610. My VB6 code runs every 15 minutes and uploads the current weather from the WS3610. It then writes that as a new record in an access data base. Then it uploads that record to Weather Underground's server for my registered weather station. I do this with my own VB6 push code. Lastly, my system maintains three web pages of weather on my home web server: Current, Last 24 hours and last 7 days. These web pages are created by reading records from the Access database archive I have.

          It's run 24/7 for years and never crashes, doesn't hog the CPU as does the HeavyWeather software.

          --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "auguste.dupin19" <auguste.dupin@...> wrote:
          > Actually, I'm developing for my own needs a little sofware with VB6 running Log8610.exe and History8610.exe into a "Shell" instruction. Data are stored into an MS Access data base and displayed with listbox and graph. If anyone is interested, just write to me.
          >

          > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Xilophen" <xilophen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I try to export data from WS-8610 on linux (ubuntu / kernel 2.6.28).
          > >
          > > When I use :
          > > sudo ./log8610echo test.log open8610.conf
          > >
          > > It produce :
          > > open_weatherstation
          > > spins_per_ns=1554.62
          > > CLOCKS_PER_SEC=1000000.00
          > > read_safe
          > > read_safe - two readings identical
          > > read_safe
          > > read_safe - two readings identical
          > > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
          > > Reading record 0 at 0x64: 05 00 01 01 04 03 A5 AA 55 AA
          > > read_safe
          > > read_safe - two readings identical
          > > Diff: 655197 records
          > > Date record0: Thu Jan 1 00:05:00 2004
          > > Date current: Wed Mar 24 23:50:00 2010
          > > read_safe
          > > read_safe - two readings identical
          > > Next record start with 0x51, seems valid, skipping to it
          > > read_safe
          > > read_safe - two readings identical
          > > 0 additional sensor(s), record length is 10, max record count is 3266
          > > Reading record 1998 at 0x4e70: 35 22 07 01 04 96 A4 AA 55 AA
          > > 31/03 00:05:51 | Ti: 19.6 | Hi: 55 | To1: - | Ho1: - | To2: 55.5 | Ho2: 11 | To3: 115.6 | Ho3: 0 | Wed Jan 7 22:35:00 2004
          > >
          > > ------------
          > >
          > > Data is always from the 1998 record ... I've try to reset memory of the WS-8610 with memreset8610 and with hardware method with no success, always record 1998.
          > >
          > > I also try with another host on slax ... record 1998 ...
          > >
          > > any idea ?

        • stevec
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 14 10:14 PM
            I'm happy to give you some/all of the VB6 and script code I've done as I described below. Need to work out how to send that.

            For Home Automation, I've used HomeSeer for many years. Does a fine job. And I use its built-in restricted web server. It works well, supports web pages with embedded VB script and Java Script, and since it's not IIS or Apache, it doesn't seem to attract hackers.

            As to a direct interface to the WS3610 via serial - I understand how the open3600 works and does I/O. The WS3610 doesn't use the serial port's send and receive data - it uses the RS232 control lines to bang out and in clocked serial data. Why did they do this? I suspect that the microprocessor in the console has no serial port. I spent quite a while with a 'scope and what not trying to get my microprocessor (Atmel AVR) to talk to the WS3610. Goal was to have a cheap micro talk to the WS3610 and upload that to Weather Underground so no PC is needed.

            I think there are so few WS3610 owners that finishing the microprocessor interface isn't worth it.

            I've not used MySQL. The Access interface I use is SQL though.

            steve

            --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Auguste Dupin" <auguste.dupin@...> wrote:

            > Wonderful ! You've achieved what I'm trying to do. My project includes some home automation as well, with electric heater monitoring.
            > That means :
            >
            > -testing temperature every 5 minutes
            > -programming temperature in real time with a feed back through parallel port DB-25 to an external I/O card
            > -archiving data into Access database (with graph display posibilities)
            > -uploading data to Internet site and remote control
            >
            > I can manage with VB6 and Php, but I'm not "a pro", so I'll be glad to have your help and share trics and ideas. Bits of code will be welcome as well !
            >
            > - Did you find a way to emulate RS232 port directly with VB6 code and without open8610 ? (I didn't found any control to do this amoung VB6 tools)
            > - What version of MS Access are you using ? Do you use DAO or ADO connexion ? (I'm using DAO at the moment though ADO seems nice)
            > - The Web server I can freely use, runs Php code and Mysql data base. Do you know how to connect VB6 to Mysql database ? (I thought to upload txt files, because I don't know how do this connexion)

          • stevec
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14 10:14 PM
              I'm happy to give you some/all of the VB6 and script code I've done as I described below. Need to work out how to send that.

              For Home Automation, I've used HomeSeer for many years. Does a fine job. And I use its built-in restricted web server. It works well, supports web pages with embedded VB script and Java Script, and since it's not IIS or Apache, it doesn't seem to attract hackers.

              As to a direct interface to the WS3610 via serial - I understand how the open3600 works and does I/O. The WS3610 doesn't use the serial port's send and receive data - it uses the RS232 control lines to bang out and in clocked serial data. Why did they do this? I suspect that the microprocessor in the console has no serial port. I spent quite a while with a 'scope and what not trying to get my microprocessor (Atmel AVR) to talk to the WS3610. Goal was to have a cheap micro talk to the WS3610 and upload that to Weather Underground so no PC is needed.

              I think there are so few WS3610 owners that finishing the microprocessor interface isn't worth it.

              I've not used MySQL. The Access interface I use is SQL though.

              steve

              --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Auguste Dupin" <auguste.dupin@...> wrote:

              > Wonderful ! You've achieved what I'm trying to do. My project includes some home automation as well, with electric heater monitoring.
              > That means :
              >
              > -testing temperature every 5 minutes
              > -programming temperature in real time with a feed back through parallel port DB-25 to an external I/O card
              > -archiving data into Access database (with graph display posibilities)
              > -uploading data to Internet site and remote control
              >
              > I can manage with VB6 and Php, but I'm not "a pro", so I'll be glad to have your help and share trics and ideas. Bits of code will be welcome as well !
              >
              > - Did you find a way to emulate RS232 port directly with VB6 code and without open8610 ? (I didn't found any control to do this amoung VB6 tools)
              > - What version of MS Access are you using ? Do you use DAO or ADO connexion ? (I'm using DAO at the moment though ADO seems nice)
              > - The Web server I can freely use, runs Php code and Mysql data base. Do you know how to connect VB6 to Mysql database ? (I thought to upload txt files, because I don't know how do this connexion)

            • Dupin
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 15 2:31 AM
                Well thank you, your code will be really welcome, keeping in mind that I'm not a specialist in programming matters.

                If direct interfacing with WS-3610 happended to be so difficult, I gess it would be the same with WS-8610.
                Well, Open8610 does a good job ; the only problem is that the SHELL command of VB6 is asynchronous, so the programme has to wait 15 secondes before going on, just to be sure that log8610.exe's job is finished (for I found no way to check it). Not very orthodoxe, but works !

                Still I wonder if VB6 could do directly what Open8610.exe does...

              • johnecarter
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 15 11:56 AM
                  I have a page on interfacing VB6 with MySQL. It includes some downloadabe code.

                  http://www.jecarter.us/thelabwiz/mysql.html

                  John

                  --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "stevec" <childresss@...> wrote:

                  > I'm happy to give you some/all of the VB6 and script code I've done as I described below. Need to work out how to send that.
                  >
                  > For Home Automation, I've used HomeSeer for many years. Does a fine job. And I use its built-in restricted web server. It works well, supports web pages with embedded VB script and Java Script, and since it's not IIS or Apache, it doesn't seem to attract hackers.
                  >
                  > As to a direct interface to the WS3610 via serial - I understand how the open3600 works and does I/O. The WS3610 doesn't use the serial port's send and receive data - it uses the RS232 control lines to bang out and in clocked serial data. Why did they do this? I suspect that the microprocessor in the console has no serial port. I spent quite a while with a 'scope and what not trying to get my microprocessor (Atmel AVR) to talk to the WS3610. Goal was to have a cheap micro talk to the WS3610 and upload that to Weather Underground so no PC is needed.
                  >
                  > I think there are so few WS3610 owners that finishing the microprocessor interface isn't worth it.
                  >
                  > I've not used MySQL. The Access interface I use is SQL though.
                  >
                  > steve
                  >
                  > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Auguste Dupin" <auguste.dupin@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Wonderful ! You've achieved what I'm trying to do. My project includes some home automation as well, with electric heater monitoring.
                  > > That means :
                  > >
                  > > -testing temperature every 5 minutes
                  > > -programming temperature in real time with a feed back through parallel port DB-25 to an external I/O card
                  > > -archiving data into Access database (with graph display posibilities)
                  > > -uploading data to Internet site and remote control
                  > >
                  > > I can manage with VB6 and Php, but I'm not "a pro", so I'll be glad to have your help and share trics and ideas. Bits of code will be welcome as well !
                  > >
                  > > - Did you find a way to emulate RS232 port directly with VB6 code and without open8610 ? (I didn't found any control to do this amoung VB6 tools)
                  > > - What version of MS Access are you using ? Do you use DAO or ADO connexion ? (I'm using DAO at the moment though ADO seems nice)
                  > > - The Web server I can freely use, runs Php code and Mysql data base. Do you know how to connect VB6 to Mysql database ? (I thought to upload txt files, because I don't know how do this connexion)

                • stevec
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15 9:04 PM
                    I'll put some of my VB6 code for the WS3610 in the files section here.
                    Functions in that code are

                    Run open3600log every 15 minutes. Parse/extract data elements for current weather from the WS3610. Detect/drop invalid data.
                    Upload that data to Weather Underground.
                    Write that data to an Access Database via AODB.
                    Write data to home automation system (Homeseer).

                    Also - I uploaded some web pages with javascript that reads weather data from the database and makes an HTML page for display.

                    This has been running for several years. Doesn't crash. Database has 24,000 records in it, going back to 2007.

                    Cheers
                    Steve

                    --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Dupin <auguste.dupin@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > -programming temperature in real time with a feed back through parallel port DB-25 to an external I/O card
                    > > > -archiving data into Access database (with graph display posibilities)
                    > > > -uploading data to Internet site and remote control
                    > > >
                    > > > I can manage with VB6 and Php, but I'm not "a pro", so I'll be glad to have your help and share trics and ideas. Bits of code will be welcome as well !
                    > > >
                    > > > - Did you find a way to emulate RS232 port directly with VB6 code and without open8610 ? (I didn't found any control to do this amoung VB6 tools)
                    > > > - What version of MS Access are you using ? Do you use DAO or ADO connexion ? (I'm using DAO at the moment though ADO seems nice)
                    > > > - The Web server I can freely use, runs Php code and Mysql data base. Do you know how to connect VB6 to Mysql database ? (I thought to upload txt files, because I don't know how do this connexion)

                  • stevec
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 15 9:20 PM
                      in the files section: WS3600run-Log3600.zip

                    • Dupin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 16 11:03 AM
                        Thanks you very much to both of you, Steve and John, You've been really helpfull. I'm going to study your work in details and I'll tell you more later one.

                        All the best,
                        Auguste