External Temp problem

  • mdr492
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      I have a 3610 that's been up and running for over a year...last week I
      noticed the external temp reading stuck on 55.5 F for a few hours.
      After replacing the batteries in both units with new Duracells I now
      get a blank external temp and humidity. Tried replacing the batteries
      again still no reading...Lacrosse recomends replacing sensor unit. Any
      ideas ?

      Mike
    • H. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2008
        There is a sequence in the manual about the order in which you must bring the system up. I forget the specifics, but I do recall you had to yank the power and the batteries from the console as well.

        Did you try the 'Re-learn TX' in the console setup?

        I would not give up until I knew for sure that the remote thermo is dead. The WS-23XX series can be difficult to get to resync wirelessly sometimes.

        You might also trying to patch a 4 conductor telephone cable between the console and the remote thermo to see if wired mode works. If wired mode does work (and the temp is good), that would suggest a re-sync is the problem.

        mdr492 <mdr492@...> wrote:
        I have a 3610 that's been up and running for over a year...last week I
        noticed the external temp reading stuck on 55.5 F for a few hours.
        After replacing the batteries in both units with new Duracells I now
        get a blank external temp and humidity. Tried replacing the batteries
        again still no reading...Lacrosse recomends replacing sensor unit. Any
        ideas ?

        Mike

      • Brian Babey

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2008
            Hello Mike
            You put out the baterries and put out the cable from the
            console ,after put inside the batteries and the cable to console
            again ,and try if the temp data is work ,if do not work yet look the
            cable from out thermohygro to console if is good ,after try to clear
            the cooper from the clips RJ11 ,all this if you have wired conection .
            If you have wirelles conection put out all the batteries and from
            thermo hygro and from the console ,first you will put the batteries to
            thermo hygro and after to console and wait to see if the temp data is
            work .

            Best regards from Greece
            Dimitris
            http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967