Plotting raingauge data from open2300

  • Robin Gilks
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working pretty well at
      http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we actually had some rain
      today so its the first time I've seen it plotting rainfall over a time
      period.

      Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
      interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?

      Would I be better taking a delta value from the old total to the new total
      on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total is updated more often
      than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?

      Always more questions!!

      Cheers

      --
      Robin
    • sunwukong
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        Robin Gilks wrote:
        > Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working pretty well at
        > http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we actually had some rain
        > today so its the first time I've seen it plotting rainfall over a time
        > period.
        >
        > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
        > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?
        >
        > Would I be better taking a delta value from the old total to the new total
        > on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total is updated more often
        > than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?
        >
        > Always more questions!!
        >
        > Cheers

        I assume your running windowz$ ??

        If so you can use open2300 to log the data and store it locally every 5
        minutes (or an interval in seconds of your choosing).

        download a utility called "sleep"

        and run the below listed utility

        note: you will have to adjust the paths and file names in the 3rd line.

        **********************clip before "rem" in next line******
        rem start logging wx data to wxnotsent
        :wxcol
        e:\o_2300\winbin\log2300 d:\myd\wxnotsent e:\o_2300\winbin\open2300.conf
        rem wait 5 minutes
        sleep 300
        cls
        rem again log the wx data
        goto wxcol
        rem need exit in next line to enable minimize of batch window
        exit
        **********************clip after "exit" above *************
      • Doug Braun
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
          Hello,

          I'd like to try using Cacti with my 2300. Where
          did you get the software package from? Is it hard to
          install and set up?

          Thanks,

          Doug

          http://dougbert.is-a-geek.com:8080/Weather/

          --- Robin Gilks <weather@...> wrote:

          > Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working
          > pretty well at
          > http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we
          > actually had some rain
          > today so its the first time I've seen it plotting
          > rainfall over a time
          > period.
          >
          > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value
          > at each one hour
          > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a
          > total?
          >
          > Would I be better taking a delta value from the old
          > total to the new total
          > on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total
          > is updated more often
          > than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?
          >
          > Always more questions!!
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > --
          > Robin

          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:Lacrosse_weather_stations-digest@yahoogroups.com

          mailto:Lacrosse_weather_stations-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Elizabeth Dodd
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
            On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Robin Gilks wrote:
            > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
            > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?

            No, it adjusts at much shorter intervals, so a cacti graph of the rain in the
            last hour shows a rise and a fall.

            A delta on the total is the way that makes sense.

            --
            Everything bows to success, even grammar.