Plotting raingauge data from open2300

  • Robin Gilks
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 4:06 AM
      Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working pretty well at
      http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we actually had some rain
      today so its the first time I've seen it plotting rainfall over a time
      period.

      Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
      interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?

      Would I be better taking a delta value from the old total to the new total
      on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total is updated more often
      than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?

      Always more questions!!

      Cheers

      --
      Robin
    • sunwukong
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 6:40 AM
        Robin Gilks wrote:
        > Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working pretty well at
        > http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we actually had some rain
        > today so its the first time I've seen it plotting rainfall over a time
        > period.
        >
        > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
        > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?
        >
        > Would I be better taking a delta value from the old total to the new total
        > on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total is updated more often
        > than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?
        >
        > Always more questions!!
        >
        > Cheers

        I assume your running windowz$ ??

        If so you can use open2300 to log the data and store it locally every 5
        minutes (or an interval in seconds of your choosing).

        download a utility called "sleep"

        and run the below listed utility

        note: you will have to adjust the paths and file names in the 3rd line.

        **********************clip before "rem" in next line******
        rem start logging wx data to wxnotsent
        :wxcol
        e:\o_2300\winbin\log2300 d:\myd\wxnotsent e:\o_2300\winbin\open2300.conf
        rem wait 5 minutes
        sleep 300
        cls
        rem again log the wx data
        goto wxcol
        rem need exit in next line to enable minimize of batch window
        exit
        **********************clip after "exit" above *************
      • Doug Braun
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 10:34 AM
          Hello,

          I'd like to try using Cacti with my 2300. Where
          did you get the software package from? Is it hard to
          install and set up?

          Thanks,

          Doug

          http://dougbert.is-a-geek.com:8080/Weather/

          --- Robin Gilks <weather@...> wrote:

          > Well, I've at last got all the cacti stuff working
          > pretty well at
          > http://gilks.ath.cx/cacti/graph_view.php but we
          > actually had some rain
          > today so its the first time I've seen it plotting
          > rainfall over a time
          > period.
          >
          > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value
          > at each one hour
          > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a
          > total?
          >
          > Would I be better taking a delta value from the old
          > total to the new total
          > on each 5 minute read I'm doing? (assuming the total
          > is updated more often
          > than the 1 and 24 hour values) and plotting that?
          >
          > Always more questions!!
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > --
          > Robin

          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:Lacrosse_weather_stations-digest@yahoogroups.com

          mailto:Lacrosse_weather_stations-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Elizabeth Dodd
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 12:50 PM
            On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Robin Gilks wrote:
            > Question is, does the 2310 reset the rain data value at each one hour
            > interval to zero, in which case how do I run a total?

            No, it adjusts at much shorter intervals, so a cacti graph of the rain in the
            last hour shows a rise and a fall.

            A delta on the total is the way that makes sense.

            --
            Everything bows to success, even grammar.