WS-3510 computer connection cable solution

  • vobarian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
      I successfully made a cable to connect the WS-3510 to a PC (to replace
      my missing cable). It is true that the WS-3510 uses the same cable as
      the WS-3610.

      Just for reference (if anyone searches for this information later and
      finds this message) let me post some data about the cable. First, here
      are the pin connections:

      RJ1 - DB9 pin 5
      RJ2 - DB9 pin 3
      RJ3 - DB9 pin 4
      RJ4 - DB9 pin 7
      RJ5 - DB9 pin 6
      RJ6 - DB9 pin 8

      Thank you wuhu_software for determining this pinout.

      I used unshielded (UTP) Cat5e cable. I made the cable about 17 feet
      long and it works fine. I have not tried any other types of cable or
      lengths.

      The RJ plug is referred to many ways. Most manufacturers seem to refer
      to this plug as RJ12. Wikipedia suggests it is an RJ25. And some
      people just call any 6-position plug an RJ11. Anyway, it is a
      6-position 6-conductor modular plug (6P6C).
    • Rich Brunnworth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
        I uploaded excerpts of this to the files section.

        Rich
        This email scanned with AVG antivirus program