Re: open8610

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2007
      I get what you mean now about DST.

      Might be a week or two before I get a chance to test a windows build, but will let you know.

      Got a simple perl script for cacti (old data layout) which reads it off a webpage on the server directly connected to the ws-8610. If they're the same machine its naturally easier. I'll be adjusting it to read the new data layout soon.

      cacti always seems tricky & time consuming initially to get logging data so best of luck.

      --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin" <lchauvin@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > Unfortunately DST has an impact in the way the last logged item is
      > found. That is why I mentioned it in my post. This will have an effect
      > only on the day the DST changes and then until the memory loops. My
      > idea would be to add some check there, but I would have to wait until
      > the next change to test it :-(
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > L.
      >
      > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
      > <downlalaway@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi L,
      > >
      > > Very pleased that someone else is looking at this too - I probably
      > > could but just got too busy.
      > >
      > > Having a browse through your changes (log8610echo, history8610 and
      > > rw8610) right now and will give it some tests.
      > >
      > > DST not a problem for me -I only use log8610echo to take the last
      > > reading.
      > > The problems at the memory full time were getting annoying -just had a
      > > few days of the data flatlining before noticed it needed a reset.
      > >
      > > I note I forgot to put my name in the list of authors for many of the
      > > files -It was only for personal use originally..
      > >
      > > all the best
      > >
      > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"
      > > <lchauvin@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Done (still have to fix the DST issue, I'll try to do it this
      > > > week...). The version is in the Files section of the group. Send me
      > > > feedback whether it works for you or not. Rgds,
      > > >
      > > > L.
      > > >
      > > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "olivierh65"

      > started. So,

      > make
      > > memory is
      > Let me
      > > > source.

    • jdiegjdieg
      Message 2 of 13 , May 12, 2007
        Hey guys, this is working great for me on my Fedora box in my shop,
        but unfortunately I only have Windows on my home systems, and no c
        compiler.
        If anyone gets a chance, could you post Windows executables?
        Ultimately my home system is where I want it for a home automation
        project. (Still couple of thinks forcing me to Windows there)
        Thanks in advance!

        <downlalaway@...> wrote:

        > I get what you mean now about DST.
        >
        > Might be a week or two before I get a chance to test a windows
        build, but will let you know.

        > Got a simple perl script for cacti (old data layout) which reads it
        off a webpage on the server directly connected to the ws-8610. If
        they're the same machine its naturally easier. I'll be adjusting it to
        read the new data layout soon.

        > cacti always seems tricky & time consuming initially to get logging
        data so best of luck.

        > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"
        <lchauvin@> wrote:

        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > Unfortunately DST has an impact in the way the last logged item is
        > > found. That is why I mentioned it in my post. This will have an effect
        > > only on the day the DST changes and then until the memory loops. My
        > > idea would be to add some check there, but I would have to wait until
        > > the next change to test it :-(
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > L.
        > >
        > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
        > > <downlalaway@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi L,
        > > >
        > > > Very pleased that someone else is looking at this too - I probably
        > > > could but just got too busy.
        > > >
        > > > Having a browse through your changes (log8610echo, history8610 and
        > > > rw8610) right now and will give it some tests.
        > > >
        > > > DST not a problem for me -I only use log8610echo to take the last
        > > > reading.
        > > > The problems at the memory full time were getting annoying -just
        had a
        > > > few days of the data flatlining before noticed it needed a reset.
        > > >
        > > > I note I forgot to put my name in the list of authors for many
        of the
        > > > files -It was only for personal use originally..
        > > >
        > > > all the best
        > > >
        > > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"

        Send me

        > > started. So,

        > > make
        > > > memory is
        > > Let me

      • downlalaway
        Message 3 of 13 , May 12, 2007
          Hi L

          Got your version fitted (cron job changed) and integrated with cacti
          (modified simple perl scraping script).

          Works good when the memory is full -now mine's at 3266 readings but
          the data is still giving the latest info (I think).
          Great and thanks again for tidying up open8610- I can just leave it
          running & running...

          Should be getting another ws-8610 soon to test a win32 compile -
          hopefully with a 2nd external sensor.

          Will put up the perl script when I can in next days in case it helps
          you with cacti (or other remote logging prog).
          I haven't worked out the xml export function from cacti to make it
          easily transferable but I can help with settings

          cheers

          <downlalaway@...> wrote:

          > I get what you mean now about DST.
          >
          > Might be a week or two before I get a chance to test a windows
          build, but will let you know.

          > Got a simple perl script for cacti (old data layout) which reads it
          off a webpage on the server directly connected to the ws-8610. If
          they're the same machine its naturally easier. I'll be adjusting it to
          read the new data layout soon.

          > cacti always seems tricky & time consuming initially to get logging
          data so best of luck.

          > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"
          <lchauvin@> wrote:

          > > Hi there,
          > >
          > > Unfortunately DST has an impact in the way the last logged item is
          > > found. That is why I mentioned it in my post. This will have an effect
          > > only on the day the DST changes and then until the memory loops. My
          > > idea would be to add some check there, but I would have to wait until
          > > the next change to test it :-(
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > L.
          > >
          > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
          > > <downlalaway@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi L,
          > > >
          > > > Very pleased that someone else is looking at this too - I probably
          > > > could but just got too busy.
          > > >
          > > > Having a browse through your changes (log8610echo, history8610 and
          > > > rw8610) right now and will give it some tests.
          > > >
          > > > DST not a problem for me -I only use log8610echo to take the last
          > > > reading.
          > > > The problems at the memory full time were getting annoying -just
          had a
          > > > few days of the data flatlining before noticed it needed a reset.
          > > >
          > > > I note I forgot to put my name in the list of authors for many
          of the
          > > > files -It was only for personal use originally..
          > > >
          > > > all the best
          > > >
          > > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"

          Send me

          > > started. So,

          > > make
          > > > memory is
          > > Let me

        • lchauvin
          Message 4 of 13 , May 27, 2007
            Hi D,

            Did you have the opportunity to post your cacti script ? I am now in
            the installation of Cacti on my server and I hate re-inventing the
            wheel if you see what I mean...

            <downlalaway@...> wrote:

            > Hi L
            >
            > Got your version fitted (cron job changed) and integrated with cacti
            > (modified simple perl scraping script).
            >
            > Works good when the memory is full -now mine's at 3266 readings but
            > the data is still giving the latest info (I think).
            > Great and thanks again for tidying up open8610- I can just leave it
            > running & running...
            >
            > Should be getting another ws-8610 soon to test a win32 compile -
            > hopefully with a 2nd external sensor.
            >
            > Will put up the perl script when I can in next days in case it helps
            > you with cacti (or other remote logging prog).
            > I haven't worked out the xml export function from cacti to make it
            > easily transferable but I can help with settings
            >
            > cheers
            >
            > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
            > <downlalaway@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I get what you mean now about DST.
            > >
            > > Might be a week or two before I get a chance to test a windows
            > build, but will let you know.
            > >
            > > Got a simple perl script for cacti (old data layout) which reads it
            > off a webpage on the server directly connected to the ws-8610. If
            > they're the same machine its naturally easier. I'll be adjusting it to
            > read the new data layout soon.
            > >
            > > cacti always seems tricky & time consuming initially to get logging
            > data so best of luck.
            > >
            > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "lchauvin"
            > <lchauvin@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi there,
            > > >
            > > > Unfortunately DST has an impact in the way the last logged item is
            > > > found. That is why I mentioned it in my post. This will have an
            effect
            > > > only on the day the DST changes and then until the memory loops. My
            > > > idea would be to add some check there, but I would have to wait
            until
            > > > the next change to test it :-(
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > >
            > > > L.
            > > >
            > > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"

            > had a

            > of the

            > Send me

            > > > started. So,

            > > > make
            > (more
            > > > Let me
            > share the

          • Elizabeth Dodd
            Message 5 of 13 , May 27, 2007
              On Sunday 27 May 2007 19:03, lchauvin wrote:
              > Hi D,
              >
              > Did you have the opportunity to post your cacti script ? I am now in
              > the installation of Cacti on my server and I hate re-inventing the
              > wheel if you see what I mean...
              >
              > Rgds,
              >
              > L.

              this is the shell script used to take from fetch2300 to cacti.
              nothing here that you would have any trouble altering to your needs

              #####################

              #!/bin/bash

              # script that translates the info from fetch2300
              # into the format used by cacti
              # By Graham Billiau

              COUNTER=0
              THINGS=(`tail -n1 /opt/open2300-1.10/htdocs/weather_log.log`)
              echo "To:${THINGS[4]} Ti:${THINGS[3]} DP:${THINGS[5]} RHi:${THINGS[6]} RHo:
              ${THINGS[7]} WS:${THINGS[8]} DIR0:${THINGS[9]} WC:${THINGS[11]} R1h:
              ${THINGS[12]} R24h:${THINGS[13]} Rtot:${THINGS[14]} RP:${THINGS[15]}"

              #################################
              my son normally marks his work licensed GPL2
              and if it breaks you get to keep both pieces

              --
              Pauca sed matura.
              [Few but excellent.]
              Message 6 of 13 , May 28, 2007
                Hi L,

                I've tested open-8610 with 2 sensors and can possibly do a 3rd soon
                since have just another unit with 2 sensors via ebay.

                Unfortunately, despite having got a prolific 2303Hx based usb serial
                converter (which someone says has a full serial implementation and so
                works with a 3600)-it won't connect with the lacrosse software so no
                need (or progress) on windows compiling just yet.

                Anyway open8610 works with 2 sensors - it can get a bit confused with
                the timings - pressing set and + resets the memory which seems o get
                it synced again.

                I haven't got this 2nd sensor logging with cacti today but will be
                trying. I'll be duplicating the scripts for remote sensors 2+3 because
                I have lots of data on the standard base unit+single sensor setup.

                I'm uploading (open8610-logging.zip) a perl script and cacti template
                to the files section -the exports from my cacti graphs, data and host
                template and the perl script that strips from the simple webpage that
                display the open8610 output. Its likely they may need modifying but
                hope they are useful. Again, this is for base +1 sensor only plotted
                on a humidty and temp graph

                A reminder of my setup: one linux server has the ws-8610 connected and
                runs log8610echo outputting its result to a single line 'webpage'
                which the other server running cacti (on same LAN) reads by cacti
                using the perl script.

                let me know how it works.