Re: Insane Rain Gauge

  • wuhu_software
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 1 6:58 AM
      Patrick,

      Was the rain reported by the console, software, or both?

      Thanks.

      --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Chambers"
      <endymion@...> wrote:

      > Greetings, All.
      >
      > I have recently installed my rain gauge, which is now measuring the
      daily
      > torrents here in the metro KC area. Unfortunately, it is measuring
      these
      > torrents to excess, probably by a factor of at least 10!
      >

      > We did not have 14" of rain yesterday, but that's what my gauge
      says. It
      > claimed over 9" in less than 12 hours the day before. It is sited
      3' off
      > the ground, and in an open area, so no excess water is entering the
      device.
      > It simply seems to be whacko.
      >
      > Ideas, anyone?
      >
      > Patrick
      > --
      3/30/2007
      > 1:15 PM

    • utahweatherbear
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 4 9:59 PM
        Well, WUHU is connected in direct serial mode to my WS-3610, so it
        reads the same thing as my wx station console with no tweak. When I
        have my wind speed set at a 10% tweak, a wind speed of 10mph on the
        console would show as 11mph on WUHU. Same would go for gust tweaks,
        but I rarely use them since my gusts with the wind fan seems more in
        line than the average wind speed does.

        uTwXbR

        --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp"
        <don_wa5ngp@...> wrote:

        > What does wuhu define as a gust? I assume that it looks at some the
        > values saved and picks up the high ones and then keeps that one
        around
        > for a while or for some time interval or until a larger peak comes
        along.

        > Anxious to do the car trick but gotta get my taxes done first.
        uggh.