Re: [LacrosseWS] Happy new year all.

  • Brian Babey
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006
      Happy New to you and everyone else!!!!!!

      ksc711com <ryanbytes@...> wrote: Thanks for making this list so awesome. I hope you have a great year!

    • Etherial Border Collies
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi all, Happy New Year to all, we are celebrating because it is finally
        raining. We are in our 10 year of drought and water is very scarce in
        country Victoria down here in Australia. We have been lucky enough to see
        some big storms this evening much to my delight. What I am a little curious
        over is this. My manual rain gauge that I have had for a couple of years
        which has a 4-5 inch round catch unit has read 45mm of rain. My Lacrosse
        2308 that I only put in last week incidentally reads over 52mm. Has anyone
        any thoughts as to how accurate these gauges are? Either way I am happy, 50
        odd mil of rain in 3 hours has filled two of my dams and given my rainwater
        tanks a big boost! Horray!

        Michael

        Buninyong, Victoria, Australia

      • Jim Dexter
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hi Michael. I also have a 2308, that I got for Christmas. It's rained once
          since then, and both it and my old plastic guage read exactly 1.2 inches.
          Maybe it has something to do with the placement of them?

          Jim

          On 1/1/07, Etherial Border Collies <etherial@...> wrote:

          > Hi all, Happy New Year to all, we are celebrating because it is finally
          > raining. We are in our 10 year of drought and water is very scarce in
          > country Victoria down here in Australia. We have been lucky enough to see
          > some big storms this evening much to my delight. What I am a little
          > curious
          > over is this. My manual rain gauge that I have had for a couple of years
          > which has a 4-5 inch round catch unit has read 45mm of rain. My Lacrosse
          > 2308 that I only put in last week incidentally reads over 52mm. Has anyone
          > any thoughts as to how accurate these gauges are? Either way I am happy,
          > 50
          > odd mil of rain in 3 hours has filled two of my dams and given my
          > rainwater
          > tanks a big boost! Horray!
          >
          > Michael
          >
          > Buninyong, Victoria, Australia

        • Elizabeth Dodd
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
            On Monday 01 January 2007 10:27 pm, Etherial Border Collies wrote:
            > Hi all, Happy New Year to all, we are celebrating because it is finally
            > raining. We are in our 10 year of drought and water is very scarce in
            > country Victoria down here in Australia. We have been lucky enough to see
            > some big storms this evening much to my delight. What I am a little curious
            > over is this. My manual rain gauge that I have had for a couple of years
            > which has a 4-5 inch round catch unit has read 45mm of rain. My Lacrosse
            > 2308 that I only put in last week incidentally reads over 52mm. Has anyone
            > any thoughts as to how accurate these gauges are? Either way I am happy, 50
            > odd mil of rain in 3 hours has filled two of my dams and given my rainwater
            > tanks a big boost! Horray!
            >
            > Michael
            >
            > Buninyong, Victoria, Australia

            I haven't yet located Buninyong, because my googleearth is crashing :-(
            we are finally back up after the weather station being away over a month.
            we're back on the net with our weather results, but no rain to report - hoping
            for some from the fallout from Cyclone Isobel
            www.billiau.net/cacti/graph_view.php
            still to decide whether to get the other anemometer
            http://www.lacrossetechnology.fr/en/P-166-223--18-D1--wstx20-our-products-transmitters.html
            but after the angst i've had so far with the rain, i might leave it to rest
            for a while

            --
            Talking about a piece of movie dialogue: Let's have some new
            cliches. -Samuel Goldwyn