Re: [LacrosseWS] Wind sensor

  • utahweatherbear
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 3, 2006
      I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they said they would
      ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request they will
      figure out the cost for you. At least they did for me.

      dan

      michel@..., eric@...

      --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Doug Braun
      <doug@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Has anyone seen the TX118 for sale in the USA? Google
      > finds only European sellers...
      >
      > Doug
      >
      > > You can buy such sailboat anemometer for you weather
      > > station. The ref for
      > > yours is TX218-20 (TX118-20 for 2300/2305/2308). It
      > > costs ~35¤:
      > >

      > > http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/pieces_detachees.php
      > >
      > > I've just ordered mine ;o)

    • Doug Braun
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 4, 2006
        Thanks for the info.
        Did you find out the total cost yet?

        Doug

        --- utahweatherbear <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

        > I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they
        > said they would
        > ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request
        > they will
        > figure out the cost for you. At least they did for
        > me.
        >
        > dan

      • utahweatherbear
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 4, 2006
          my tx218 came to about 48 euros after shipping, or 61 dollars.

          dan

          <doug@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the info.
          > Did you find out the total cost yet?
          >
          > Doug
          >
          > --- utahweatherbear <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they
          > > said they would
          > > ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request
          > > they will
          > > figure out the cost for you. At least they did for
          > > me.
          > >
          > > dan

        • utahweatherbear
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 4, 2006
            And for the wet dream of wind sensors, use what the NWS uses on the
            ASOS, the ultrasonic sensor. Maybe someday. :-)

            http://www.vaisala.com/businessareas/instruments/products/wind/ws425

            dan

            <doug@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the info.
            > Did you find out the total cost yet?
            >
            > Doug
            >
            > --- utahweatherbear <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they
            > > said they would
            > > ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request
            > > they will
            > > figure out the cost for you. At least they did for
            > > me.
            > >
            > > dan

          • john
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 26, 2006
              Wondering if the anemometer ever came in and if it is up and
              running ?--- In
              Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
              <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

              > I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they said they would
              > ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request they will
              > figure out the cost for you. At least they did for me.
              >
              > dan
              >
              > michel@..., eric@...
              >

              > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Doug Braun
              > <doug@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > Has anyone seen the TX118 for sale in the USA? Google
              > > finds only European sellers...
              > >
              > > Doug
              > >
              > > > You can buy such sailboat anemometer for you weather
              > > > station. The ref for
              > > > yours is TX218-20 (TX118-20 for 2300/2305/2308). It
              > > > costs ~35¤:
              > > >

              > > > http://www.nouveauxobjets.com/pieces_detachees.php
              > > >
              > > > I've just ordered mine ;o)

            • Frédéric
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 26, 2006
                On Tuesday 26 September 2006 16:17, john wrote:

                > Wondering if the anemometer ever came in and if it is up and
                > running ?

                It will be available for mid-november...

                --
                Frédéric

                http://www.gbiloba.org
              • utahweatherbear
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 27, 2006
                  The french dude could not assure me that the TX218-20 built for the
                  3600(europe) would be compatible with my 3610(usa). So, I decided to
                  hold off until I could get more information. I have not been able to.

                  Dan

                  --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "john" <jc931@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Wondering if the anemometer ever came in and if it is up and
                  > running ?--- In
                  > Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
                  > <utahweatherbear@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I e-mailed the people on the french page, and they said they
                  would
                  > > ship to the U.S. If you e-mail your info and request they will
                  > > figure out the cost for you. At least they did for me.
                  > >
                  > > dan
                  > >
                  > > michel@, eric@
                  > >

                  > > --- In Lacrosse_weather_stations@yahoogroups.com, Doug Braun
                  > > <doug@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello,
                  > > >
                  > > > Has anyone seen the TX118 for sale in the USA? Google
                  > > > finds only European sellers...
                  > > >
                  > > > Doug

                • utahweatherbear
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 4, 2006
                    This is one reason I love the WUHU software. You can tweak so much
                    of the weather data that goes out to the world, including wind
                    speed. I too have found the wind average on my prop seems a tad low,
                    although the gusts are fine. So, I usually use WUHU to tweak my wind
                    up about 20%, which seems about right for me.

                    Dan