Open2300 on SVN

  • Kenneth Lavrsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 1:37 AM
      While we wait for open2300 1.11...

      I am working on integrating the many contributions I have received the
      past year.

      Some are not compatible and some I simply just need to test and understand.

      The most urgent bugs are fixed in the existing programs.

      To give all more instant access to the updated code I have created a SVN
      repository.
      It is a read only repository.

      http://www.lavrsen.dk/svn/open2300/trunk/

      To check out a local copy it easy.

      On Linux these are the steps

      mkdir open2300
      cd open2300
      svn co http://www.lavrsen.dk/svn/open2300/trunk/ . (note the dot at
      the end)

      and to keep it up to date

      svn update

      One huge advantage is that now it is easy to make a patch file when you
      change something. svn client can make a real unified diff

      svn diff > patchfile.diff

      On Windows the client to use is TortoiseSVN
      http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

      I am 90% done with 1.11 but I am doing this as my 3rd OSS priority as I
      am keeping myself busy on TWiki and Motion.

      Kenneth

      --
      Kenneth Lavrsen,
      Glostrup, Denmark
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 1:45 AM
        Keep up the good work Kenneth.

        Can I ask for yet another thing while you are about it?
        No compiler warnings!

        I get a raft of warnings when I compile Open2300. I know they are not
        serious, but it is nice to not get _any_ warnings from clean code.
        That way if I do see any warnings, I know it is me who has done
        something silly, or my compile environment is in some way faulty.

        (I have used both MS Visual Studio under Windows, and Eclipse under
        ubuntu Linux to compile the source.)

        regards,
        Ken.

        On 8/1/06, Kenneth Lavrsen <kenneth@...> wrote:
        > While we wait for open2300 1.11...
        >
        > I am working on integrating the many contributions I have received the
        > past year.
        >
        > Some are not compatible and some I simply just need to test and understand.
        >
        > The most urgent bugs are fixed in the existing programs.
        >
        > To give all more instant access to the updated code I have created a SVN
        > repository.
        > It is a read only repository.
        >
        > http://www.lavrsen.dk/svn/open2300/trunk/
        >
        > To check out a local copy it easy.
        >
        > On Linux these are the steps
        >
        > mkdir open2300
        > cd open2300
        > svn co http://www.lavrsen.dk/svn/open2300/trunk/ . (note the dot at
        > the end)
        >
        > and to keep it up to date
        >
        > svn update
        >
        > One huge advantage is that now it is easy to make a patch file when you
        > change something. svn client can make a real unified diff
        >
        > svn diff > patchfile.diff
        >
        > On Windows the client to use is TortoiseSVN
        > http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
        >
        > I am 90% done with 1.11 but I am doing this as my 3rd OSS priority as I
        > am keeping myself busy on TWiki and Motion.
        >
        > Kenneth
        >
        > --
        > Kenneth Lavrsen,
        > Glostrup, Denmark
        > kenneth@...
        > Home Page - http://www.lavrsen.dk
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kenneth Lavrsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:49 AM
          Try the current version from SVN.

          Since 1.10 I have also updated my gcc and seen the same compiler
          warnings. And I have closed them all on my version of gcc.

          Kenneth

        • Kenneth Lavrsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 2:22 PM
            Note that the SVN only contains source files. No exe files.

            This is not easy for people that run Windows and do not have a C
            compiler environment.

            I have made a TWiki page that will help anyone - with no programming
            experience at all - to download the sources and compile open2300 exe files.
            And that is using free open source software only.

            http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Open2300/CompilingWithMinGW

            The topic takes you though installing MinGW/MSYS in the smallest detail.
            Every step is described. I am pretty sure anyone can follow this as long
            as you can type on your keyboard and can follow a written instruction
            step by step.

            It also enable you to make your own small tweaks if there is something
            you do not like.

            Kenneth