Re: [LacrosseWS] Mac software for 2310?
- On 24/6/06 3:33 PM, "Peter Jensen" wrote:
> Peter,Hi Peter,
> Thanks for your note and offer of help. I'm very comfortable in the
> mac environment, have not done any programming, but can follow
> instructions well! If you're willing to walk me through installing
> Open2300, I'd be appreciative.
I installed the Open2300 source and compiled it under OSX 10.4.6 a few weeks
ago. The stats are being displayed here http://grayonline.id.au/ (left hand
side...shameless plug! :P ). The instllation process was dead simple (hey -
it's a Mac...what did you expect?!):
1. Grab your OSX install disks, insert the first one.
2. Select the developer tools.
3. Insert the second disk when prompted.
Congrats, you've go a compiler!
4. Download the Open2300 tar ball and unpack it somewhere.
5. Open a terminal session and "cd dir/where/you/unpacked/Open2330"
6. Type "sudo make install" and give it your user password.
If all goes well, you'll have all the *2300 programs in /usr/local/bin
7. Copy the default config file from dir/where/you/unpacked/Open2330 to /etc
(sorry, not in front of the source ATM but you need to drop the "-dist"
part of the config file's name).
8. Edit the config file in /etc to reflect the /dev/???? Of your serial
9. run "/usr/local/bin/fetch2300" and you should see all your data.
10. Crack a beer, make a coffee, or whatever you do to celebrate! :)
Now there may be problems along the way and this is purely from memory, so
YMMV. Report back if you have any dramas.