Re: [LacrosseWS] Mac software for 2310?

  • James Gray
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
      On 24/6/06 3:33 PM, "Peter Jensen" wrote:

      > Peter,
      >
      > Thanks for your note and offer of help. I'm very comfortable in the
      > mac environment, have not done any programming, but can follow
      > instructions well! If you're willing to walk me through installing
      > Open2300, I'd be appreciative.
      >
      > Peter

      Hi Peter,

      I installed the Open2300 source and compiled it under OSX 10.4.6 a few weeks
      ago. The stats are being displayed here http://grayonline.id.au/ (left hand
      side...shameless plug! :P ). The instllation process was dead simple (hey -
      it's a Mac...what did you expect?!):
      1. Grab your OSX install disks, insert the first one.
      2. Select the developer tools.
      3. Insert the second disk when prompted.
      Congrats, you've go a compiler!
      4. Download the Open2300 tar ball and unpack it somewhere.
      5. Open a terminal session and "cd dir/where/you/unpacked/Open2330"
      6. Type "sudo make install" and give it your user password.
      If all goes well, you'll have all the *2300 programs in /usr/local/bin
      7. Copy the default config file from dir/where/you/unpacked/Open2330 to /etc
      (sorry, not in front of the source ATM but you need to drop the "-dist"
      part of the config file's name).
      8. Edit the config file in /etc to reflect the /dev/???? Of your serial
      port.
      9. run "/usr/local/bin/fetch2300" and you should see all your data.
      10. Crack a beer, make a coffee, or whatever you do to celebrate! :)

      Now there may be problems along the way and this is purely from memory, so
      YMMV. Report back if you have any dramas.

      Cheers,

      James