Re: [LacrosseWS] Re: getting started

  • Jack Coates
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
      > So what exactly is happening now? Do things ever work? Is the unit
      > itself functioning OK (do you leave the unit on all the time or are
      > you turning it on and off?). Are you getting readings from the sensors
      > (the little rec. data icon coming on on the display for a few seconds
      > - not for a long time), is the time locked icon displayed (a sort of
      > little tower up at the top of the display near the time).

      Switching to SuSE solved all the tty problems
      (http://felix.monkeynoodle.org/weather/). Now I just need to move the
      temperature sensor, when it stopped raining it became clear that it's in a
      sunny spot -- it didn't really hit 109 degrees today :)

      --
      Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
      "I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
        What software are you using to generate the graphs? open2300?

        At 18:18 1/4/2006, you wrote:

        > > So what exactly is happening now? Do things ever work? Is the unit
        > > itself functioning OK (do you leave the unit on all the time or are
        > > you turning it on and off?). Are you getting readings from the sensors
        > > (the little rec. data icon coming on on the display for a few seconds
        > > - not for a long time), is the time locked icon displayed (a sort of
        > > little tower up at the top of the display near the time).
        >
        >Switching to SuSE solved all the tty problems
        >(<http://felix.monkeynoodle.org/weather/).>http://felix.monkeynoodle.org/weather/).
        >Now I just need to move the
        >temperature sensor, when it stopped raining it became clear that it's in a
        >sunny spot -- it didn't really hit 109 degrees today :)
        >

        >--
        >Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
        >"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western
        >ocean I must wander" - traditional

        > *
        > <mailto:Lacrosse_weather_stations-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>Lacrosse_weather_stations-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *

      • Jack Coates
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
          > What software are you using to generate the graphs? open2300?

          the weathergraphs package
          http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103374&package_id=111662

          It's got some math issues with several of the reports, these are just the
          ones that work without timing out.