RE: [LX200GPS] Need some "computer help"

  • Todd Brower
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 1, 2002
      In my quest for laptop serial ports, I've found some different solutions.
      One of them is a pcmcia (pccard) that has two serial ports these _are_ hard
      ports and not converted ports so they should work fine with software that
      expects interrupts which is usually why some software will not work with
      converters. They are a bit pricey for serial ports as I don't think they
      are devices in demand... I will say though that they should handle the
      higher speeds with ease... Here's one of them:

      http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=24627/ut=4143331a
      3ce8bf6e

      but you may want to shop around if you would like to go this route...
      The other solution is to look for a docking station for your particular
      laptop. Sometimes there are a variety of docking stations or port
      replicator options that may or may not include extra serial ports.... I'll
      noodle on it a bit more but that's all I can come up with right now.

      Good Luck Doc!,
      Austin Todd

    • mtoconnor2001
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 3, 2002
        You're welcome Doc. I'm happy to return the favor. My Keyspan
        adapter has the following part number: P/N USA-19QW.

        It does LOOK like the Belkin but that is where the similarity ends.

        Good Luck!
        Regards,
        Mike O'Connor

        --- In LX200GPS@y..., "Clay Sherrod" <sherrodc@i...> wrote:
        > Belkin is what I am using as well...that gives me a clue here. I
        will go to Little Rock tomorrow and search out the Keyspan...does it
        have any numbers or do they just make one type?

        > Thanks Mike...appreciate the help.

        Service.