New photos

  • Mauricio López Escobar
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hello, I have new photos taken with camara in tripod, can see them in:
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/trazos_arboles_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/trazos_telescopio_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazos_psc_telescopio_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/trazos_vallenevado_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/trazos_valle_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazos_PSC1_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazos_caminofarellones_psc_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazo_noseque_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Sector_guanaco_0.JPG
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Sector_guanaco_original.JPG

      In order to see the data of the photos they can enter links.
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazos

      I am not very in agreement with my photos, but I hope to improve.

      Atte.
      Mauricio López Escobar
      Licenciado en Medicina Veterinaria
      Santiago de Chile
      33°27´10" Sur
      70°33´15" Oeste
      http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/

    • James
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Mauricio,

        I love those photos...............especially the
        first one and the next to last one...........picture of the milky way it
        looks like.

        Colors are good and realistic..............
        Exposures are excellent

        Great job !

        Jim Fisher
        8" LX200GPS UHTC
        ETX-90mm Guider- Stella Cam EX
        Supercharged by ASO #2365-2008
        76'36.28' W 39'09.27' N
      • johansea
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2004
          Gday Jim

          <..snip..>
          >I love those photos...............especially the
          > first one and the next to last one...........
          > picture of the milky way it looks like.

          Sure is the milky way. On the far right is the beginning of Eta
          Carina and just in from the right hand side is the southern cross,
          and a bit further in the pointers.
          This lot is going right overhead my place every night at present.
          All i need is a cloud filter and i could see it too. :-)
          Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
        • strongmanmike2002
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2004
            Very nice images Mauricio

            Did you use the techniques described in a recent S&T article to do
            the star trails?

            Well done mate

            Mike Sid on IO

            --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, Mauricio López Escobar

            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2004
              Gday Andrew,

              From my light polluted skies................. I am
              lucky to see 20 of the major stars in the sky each night.
              So a shot of the MilkyWay is both Beautiful and a strange view :~)

              A meteor could fall in my back yard................. and I would only think
              it was part off an Airliner landing at BWI Airport every hour every
              day.......just 4 miles away !

              I had to smile when Mike was "complaining" about the attention he was
              getting setting up his scope when the president was visiting you. That's
              nothing compared to the fly overs, I get from Helicopters, when the eyes in
              the skies see my Telescope ( aka Rocket launcher ) being set up just 4 miles
              from an International Airport. I am not sure what it looks like from a
              "Forward Looking Infrared".................... but I will get about 10
              minutes of fly over and circling each time I set up.
              Makes me feel kind of important............ hope nobody slips on a
              button.................. and my house becomes a large crater, that will be
              reported as a large strange "sink hole" that suddenly appeared.

              Take care down under.........

                Message 7 of 11 , May 1, 2004
                  Hi group, it had scanned of incorrect form one of the photos. New version http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/Trazo_arboles_0.JPG

                  Scanned old version in incorrect form

                  http://astrosurf.com/tiotuyin/trazos_arboles_0.JPG

                  PD: sorry i speak little english

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2004
                    Hi, Jim, Andrew, Mike, thank you very much by the commentaries on my photos.
                    >>>Did you use the techniques described in a recent S&T article to do the star trails?
                    I have not seen that I articulate, the photo takes from the traditional way with camara pentax K-1000 fixed in the tripod, pelicula slide kodak E-200 with obturacion f/5,6

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 1, 2004
                      Gday Jim
                      > From my light polluted skies................. I am
                      > lucky to see 20 of the major stars in the sky each night.
                      > So a shot of the MilkyWay is both Beautiful and a strange view :~)
                      Is for me too.
                      On a good night i can get down to mag 4 unaided but many nights i
                      only see three stars in the southern cross. ( Someone suggested it
                      be renamed the southern triangle )

                      > I am not sure what it looks like from a
                      > "Forward Looking Infrared"....................
                      > but I will get about 10
                      > minutes of fly over and circling each time I set up.
                      > Makes me feel kind of important............ hope nobody slips on a
                      > button....
                      Light em up with a red or green laser pointer. See if they have a
                      sense of humour. :-)

                      Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                    • Wayne
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 28 3:46 AM
                        I have created an album called simply "Moon" in the photo section. These pictures were taken through my 10" LX200GPS affocaly, (with the exception of the picture of the outside of my Obsy), with an Iphone held up to the eyepiece. I was a bit sceptical, but thought I would give it a bash. I thought they were quite good. The Moon that night was very photogenic. No Royalties, use them as you wish.
                        Wayne (UK)