Any examples of LX200 8" astrophotos?

  • cdisdero
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2003
      I'm in the process of trying to figure out whether I should buy a
      new LX200 GPS 8" for astrophotography of planetary and deep sky
      objects.

      I want to thank all those who have responded to my previous post for
      opinions on this scope.

      Do any of you have links to example pictures you'd likt to share
      that you've taken with the LX200 8"? All I ever see is pictures
      taken with bigger apertures, different scopes, etc, even on Meade's
      own site.

      I, and I'm sure others thinking of buying this scope, would like to
      see what can be done with it.

      Thanks in advance for any replies.
    • Bob Lautner
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        Sorry, I didn't catch the name, but to answer your question, you might
        check out the following site:

        www.ewellobservatory.com/

        Good luck!

        Bob L

        > I'm in the process of trying to figure out whether I should buy a
        > new LX200 GPS 8" for astrophotography of planetary and deep sky
        > objects.
        >
        > I want to thank all those who have responded to my previous post for
        > opinions on this scope.
        >
        > Do any of you have links to example pictures you'd likt to share
        > that you've taken with the LX200 8"? All I ever see is pictures
        > taken with bigger apertures, different scopes, etc, even on Meade's
        > own site.
        >
        > I, and I'm sure others thinking of buying this scope, would like to
        > see what can be done with it.
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any replies.
      • Don Tabbutt
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
          Many of the photos here were taken with an 8" LX200:

          http://www.tabbutt.com/Observatory/Astrophotos

          Regards,

          Don
        • Joe Reed
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
            All of the photos here were taken with a LX200 GPS:

            http://members.cox.net/jocareed

            Joe
            Midland, TX