Re: [LX200GPS] Re: TEST RESULTS...UHTC...Can open, worms everywhere.......

  • Buck Harley
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2002
      Jean-Yves
      it is a $295.00 option on the 12" if you do not pay you will not get it..
      they are still using the standard coating on most scopes
      Buck
    • jybeninger
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
        Yes, I realize that, Buck, but I am placing myself six months in the
        future, or even one year .
        This option just looks too good to be an option.

        The $ 295 does probably cover for labor to dismantle, coat, clean,
        put back together the scope and ship it out.
        Now, if you manufacture coated and non coated scopes, then you need
        to have a good follow-up of what you are doing ... Meade not being
        very impressive in the QA side ... this forum will fill up with new
        lines ... where is my coating ? ... Nice, I did not order it but got
        the UHTC ...

        I still think (hope ?) that it will be part of the basic unit in the
        future.

        Cheers

        Jean-Yves

        --- In LX200GPS@y..., "Buck Harley" <rharley@c...> wrote:
        > Jean-Yves
        > it is a $295.00 option on the 12" if you do not pay you will not
        get it..
        > they are still using the standard coating on most scopes
        > Buck
      • Buck Harley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
          John Piper said 2 weeks ago that a few had gotten out the door.. so a couple
          less than 10 got the new coating at no charge.... I see your point later
          down the road Meade will not Offer the Standard EMC and will only have the
          UHTC but let me Assure you.. you will still pay for it as the cost of the
          scope will be $4290.00 instead of $3995.00 for a 12" as it is now.. See my
          point and they will have to keep the old Coating system as the older mirrors
          and Corrector cannot be retro fitted as they state now.. no one can send in
          old EMC coated glass and get New UHTC so they will recoat with old
          coating.... to meet customers needs Really I do not see why they could not
          just change the glass in the tube but they as of now say no .. they call
          this business.
          Buck
        • tbhausen
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
            RE-POST--Previously-posted message deleted. The *EMC* was
            accidentally posted as UHTC. This clarifies.

            EMC cannot actually be removed and UHTC applied in its place.
            Optical sets are completely replaced to perform UHTC upgrade (GPS
            scopes only). I would imagine Meade will continue to offer *EMC*;
            schools etc. on a tight budget may want the lower cost option.
            Removed optical sets which pass an "AS NEW" inspection could be
            recycled in this manner. This is only good business and I would
            expect such as a Meade shareholder (theory--I am not). I would do
            this if I made the decisions at Meade. I don't look for EMC to go
            away anytime soon.

            Todd
            Warsaw, IN