What's going to be compatible?!

  • Tony Miles
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
      I know this question has been asked before but the answers I have read had been sketchy and vague to say the least. I am sure once some of y'all FINALLY get your new LX200GPS's you will be able to answer this question better.

      What components that I already own and use with my LX200 will be compatible with the new LX200GPS?

      I already know that the 1206 Electric Focuser won't be...at least according to the Meade advertisements I've read. (Besides who would want one after getting the LX200GPS anyways?)

      I know the obvious will be, i.e. eyepieces, filters, diagonals, modified webcams, Kendrick dewheaters.

      But what about these?....my Meade corded illuminated reticle eyepiece, my Meade dewshield, my Scopesaver BB200 table, my Losmandy dovetail mounting plate, my Losmandy weight set? Also, what about my Meade 9x60 RA finderscope mount?

      I plan on buying a LX200GPS 10" f/10 scope to replace my LX200 10" f/10 scope, but I'm waiting for at least another year so that any bugs in the LX200GPS can be discovered and corrected.

      Any information will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Tony Miles

    • Clay Sherrod
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        But what about these?....my Meade corded illuminated reticle eyepiece,
        [YES!]

        my Meade dewshield
        [ABSOLUTELY!]
        my Scopesaver BB200 tablE
        [YES]
        my Losmandy dovetail mounting plate, my Losmandy weight set?
        [NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER IS NEEDED!

        Also, what about my Meade 9x60 RA finderscope mount?
        [YEP - OKAY TO GO!]

        Dr. Clay
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Tony Miles
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
          Thanks Clay!

          I knew you would be the one answering first. I appreciate that. I feel a lot better about the future purchasing of the LX200GPS.

          Thanks,
          Tony