Re: SmartDrive question

  • Brian Straight
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
      Mark,

      That's right (John Mahoney gave a more detailed answer, but yes, just rotate the scope it back to the home position). As John also pointed out, if you park the scope at the end of your session, the Smartdrive initialization does not happen).

      Best,

      Brian

      Sent from my iPad
    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        Our current patch kit also lets you prevent the Smart Drive Index seek if you have PEC turned off and didn't PARK.

        In the "patches" folder in the Files area,
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LX200GPS/files/patches
        or automatically delivered by StarPatch.

        have fun
        --dick

      • mike.haynes1@btopenworld.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
          My scope always does Smart Drive even after parking! It never used to but started doing it some months ago. However it doesn't affect the alignment, the first GOTO always works perfectly!

          Mike

          Sent from my iPad
        • John Mahony
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
            Turn your PEC on.  Like I mentioned earlier, there's an odd/counterintuitive quirk in the firmware where if you have it _off_ and park it will do the PEC search at start-up.

            -John

            > My scope always does Smart Drive even after parking!  It never used to but
            > started doing it some months ago.  However it doesn't affect the alignment,
            > the first GOTO always works perfectly!
            >
            > Mike
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
          • Trevor Nattrass
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
              I have the same experience as John Mahony. The "smart drive dance" doesn't affect the subsequent goto accuracy in my experience, because the scope knows where it is pointing.

              Trevor