Cord for Autostar II

  • paul temple
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
      I was recently given an 8" LX200gps but did not arrive home with the cord to connect the hand controller to the mount. Upon a quick search of the usual sources I can't seem to find one of these. Any suggestions about where to look? Anybody got an extra they don't mind parting with? One of my big complaints with Meade is the lack of an email address! Snail mail and phone are just a hassle and it seems rather old fashioned not to provide a good email address for issues like this!

      Paul Temple

    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
        The handbox can use a standard telephone handset (usually coiled) cord.

        4 wires, with the "narrow" RJ22 connector at each end.

        So they can be found at Radio Shack, Office Depot, most Dollar stores, etc.etc.

        have fun
        --dick

        --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, paul temple <phxbird15@...> wrote:

        > I was recently given an 8" LX200gps but did not arrive home with the cord to connect the hand controller to the mount. Upon a quick search of the usual sources I can't seem to find one of these. Any suggestions about where to look? Anybody got an extra they don't mind parting with? One of my big complaints with Meade is the lack of an email address! Snail mail and phone are just a hassle and it seems rather old fashioned not to provide a good email address for issues like this!
        >
        > Paul Temple

      • paul temple
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
          Thanks that is helpful to know! I was going to make a stop later today at our local small town RS. I have 3 cords for the old 497 as well as 2 handcontrollers! Just not what I really need!

          Thanks again!

          Paul Temple

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
            Paul

            Simply go to a local Walmart and pick up a coiled handset cord. I bought a
            25 foot cord for about 6 bucks. Works great. Just like the orginal one.

            Ron

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
              Picked up cord for $6.74 at the local Radio Shack! Will let you all know how it works later today!

              Paul Temple

              ________________________________
              The handbox can use a standard telephone handset (usually coiled) cord.

              4 wires, with the "narrow" RJ22 connector at each end.

              So they can be found at Radio Shack, Office Depot, most Dollar stores, etc.etc.

              have fun
              --dick

              --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, paul temple <phxbird15@...> wrote:

              > I was recently given an 8" LX200gps but did not arrive home with the cord to connect the hand controller to the mount. Upon a quick search of the usual sources I can't seem to find one of these. Any suggestions about where to look? Anybody got an extra they don't mind parting with? One of my big complaints with Meade is the lack of an email address! Snail mail and phone are just a hassle and it seems rather old fashioned not to provide a good email address for issues like this!
              >
              > Paul Temple

            • Tim Campbell
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
                You'll have no trouble. The hand box cord really is just a regular telephone handset cord with the standard RJ-22 modular plugs on each end and no tricky wiring. I bought my own cord just because I thought the Meade supplied cord was a bit short and wanted to be able to comfortably walk around the scope without feeling like I'd be stretching it too much.

                Sent from my iPad

                On Aug 1, 2011, at 4:22 PM, paul temple <phxbird15@...> wrote:

                > Picked up cord for $6.74 at the local Radio Shack! Will let you all know how it works later today!
                >
                > Paul Temple

              • Joe Bauman
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
                  Yeah, I swapped in a long curly telephone cord too. The problem with that is it's even easier to tangle it up with other cords. -- Joe