MAPUG?

  • starnovice
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
      Can anyone tell me what happened to the MAPUG group? I can't seem to reach their website any longer. Is their info archived somewhere?

      Thank you
      Pat
    • John Hilliard
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hey Pat,

        It has been a long time since MAPUG was fully functional.
        John Hopper ran it for the longest time then something happened, and I
        cannot remember what it was now, and it seemed to go away.
        Seems as if it was tried as a yahoo group for a while, and there were a
        couple of other LX200 groups active on yahoo, LX200GPS being the one that
        seemed to survive and thrive. Ed Stewart archived and maintained it for a
        long time and seems as if Doc G had a hand in maintain the archives for a
        while. Caveat: It has been a good while and it is all somewhat jumbled in
        my brain so take my facts with a grain of salt..

        http://www.astronomysite.com/mapug-archive

        I did a search and came up with a bunch of links that seemed to work. I
        still reference the archives occasionally.
        The link above showed connections to two archive sites (old & new).

        The link below is what I have used for a good while and still seems to be
        active.

        http://mapug-astronomy.net/

        John

        "The Stars are God's Dreams,
        Thoughts Remembered
        in the Silence of the Night."
        ~ H.D. Thoreau
        > Can anyone tell me what happened to the MAPUG group? I can't seem to
        > reach their website any longer. Is their info archived somewhere?
        >
        > Thank you
        > Pat

      • Pat Wicker
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
          John, thank you. I tried the mapug link yesterday and it did not work. I
          tried it just now and it is working. Go figure. Thanks to you and everyone
          else who responded.

          Pat Wicker

          www.oregongears.org

          > Can anyone tell me what happened to the MAPUG group? I can't seem to
          > reach their website any longer. Is their info archived somewhere?
          >
          > Thank you
          > Pat

        • vmzep
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
            Here's an active link to MAPUG the archives. It also includes an archive of Doc G's LX200 site. These archives are definitely an invaluable resource.

            http://wideman.org/MAPUG/