Re: Lx200 10" gps motherboqrd

  • johansea
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2010
      Gday Dick

      --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:

      > There are (about) four "proprietary" PIC chips
      > on the LX200gps main board,

      I think that only one ( the PIC ) is a real show stopper.
      The CPU appears to have no "smarts" in it.

      > All of the rest of the components are standard electronic
      > components (OK, if you had to replace one particular FlashRam
      > (out of seven), you'd have wiped out the "SafeLoad" section).

      Actually, that chip also does the primary booting and register mapping, so if its dead you cant boot at all,
      however, its a simple memory chip
      so should be able to be read and written external to the board,
      if the service person has the right setup.

      Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
    • rsampsonus
      Message 34 of 34 , May 3, 2011
        If your friend still has the scope have him contact me offline and perhaps we can make it right for him, so he can enjoy the evening sky again with his instrument. I repair the Classics.
        email-rsampsonus at yahoo.com .

        Best Regards, Ron