Re: [LX200GPS] Help connecting Mac (10.6.3) to LX200

  • John Mahony
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      ----- Original Message ----

      > From: steven.wissler <steven.wissler@...>
      >
      > Hi, been using my LX200ACF with a XP PC, now have a Mac and am learning all over
      > again. ... any advice on telescope control software for the Mac.

      Cartes du Ciel (excellent freeware) is now available for the Mac:
      <http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/>
      Technically, it's still called a "beta" release, but it's been under development for a few years now.

      -John
    • Mike Weasner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
        Check out ScopeDriver and Astroplanner for low cost software. And at the high-end and full featured there is Voyager 4. If you get the Carina Software SkyFi you can control the telescope via Wi-Fi and Voyager (or SkyVoyager on the iPhone/iPad).

        You can see some reviews on my ETX Site:

        http://www.weasner.com/etx/software_reviews.html

        I hope to be reviewing SkyFi soon.

        On May 31, 2010, at 21:18, steven.wissler wrote:

        > Hi, been using my LX200ACF with a XP PC, now have a Mac and am learning all over again. I have a serial to USB connector, which the mac sees when connected to the LX200. Not sure how to configure the port, as it seems to think it's a modem. Any advice as to how to set up the connection would be greatly appreciated. Also, any advice on telescope control software for the Mac. I'm currently laying with the current version of stellatium, just to see if I can get a connection and control the telescope from the Mac

        Mike Weasner Email: mweasner@... / Twitter: mweasner
        LX200-ACF-8" ETX-125AT ETX-105PE ETX-90RA ETX-70AT PST GPOD-XL5
        Cassiopeia Observatory: http://www.weasner.com/co
      • steven.wissler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
          I installed astroplanner, which I had previously used on the Windows XP laptop. This worked great on the Mac. I tried Equinox 6, which looks like a good planetarium type program, with telescope control, Supposedly communicating through astroplanner. This interface seemed buggy. Astroplanner worked great as a stand-alone application.