Autostar Handset version

  • k9jgs
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      Please forgive my non technical 'speak' but when we switch on the telescope our handset display tells me it is version 4.2G Is this the latest version please and if not, what is? :)

      Thank you for any advice,
    • Mike Weasner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        This Meade web page (almost always) lists the latest versions for all the AutoStar models:

        http://www.meade.com/support/auto.html

        And, yes, 4.2g is the latest for the AutoStar II.

        On Mar 1, 2010, at 10:07, k9jgs wrote:

        > Please forgive my non technical 'speak' but when we switch on the telescope our handset display tells me it is version 4.2G Is this the latest version please and if not, what is? :)

        Mike Weasner Email: mweasner@... / Twitter: mweasner
        LX200-ACF-8" ETX-125AT ETX-105PE ETX-90RA ETX-70AT PST GPOD-XL5
        Cassiopeia Observatory: http://www.weasner.com/co
      • autostaretx
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
          4.2G is the current version.

          If your display is showing a capital G (vs "g"), then you are also using a version that's been modified by my patch kit.

          As a fine detail, the handbox does not contain any of the programming, it's all in the base of the telescope.

          have fun
          --dick

          --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "k9jgs" <josh@...> wrote:

          > Please forgive my non technical 'speak' but when we switch on the telescope our handset display tells me it is version 4.2G Is this the latest version please and if not, what is? :)
          >
          > Thank you for any advice,

        • John Mahony
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
            4.2g is the latest from Meade. 4.2G (with an upper case "G") indicates you're also using Dick's latest patch kit.

            -John

            > Please forgive my non technical 'speak' but when we switch on the telescope our
            > handset display tells me it is version 4.2G Is this the latest version please
            > and if not, what is? :)

          • k9jgs
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
              --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "k9jgs" <josh@...> wrote:

              > Please forgive my non technical 'speak' but when we switch on the telescope our handset display tells me it is version 4.2G Is this the latest version please and if not, what is? :)
              >
              > Thank you for any advice,

              Thank you very much :)