Re: [LX200GPS] 14" LX200ACF

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2008
      Get two, you need a bino viewer :D

      --
      Lloyd
      Aiken, SC near Augusta, GA
      LX200GPS, 10" telescope, Canon 40D dSLR
      See my Pics at http://www.lkfotos.net/
      http://www.photoshopuser.com/?aid=ghuffn

      jbarnes520@... wrote:
      > Well, in actuality, the ad is Astronomics and the price is $49,999. I
      > wouldn't get my hopes up. lol.
      >

      > In a message dated 11/29/2008 9:17:55 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
      > jmarks99@... writes:
      >
      > Got the newest issue of Astronomy today and thumbed through it. Meade is
      > advertising the 20" LX400ACF as available! No mention of the 16" yet or the
      > LX200ACF 14", just 12 and under.

    • John Marks
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 30, 2008
        So it was. Guess I shouldn't read at 2AM!

        From: LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:LX200GPS%40yahoogroups.com>
        I don't see anything about that model being discontinued:
        <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=1-600-603-979-7850>

        Are you sure that's the LX_200_ACF? All sizes of the LX_400_ACF (formerly
        known as the RCX400) were discontinued several months ago, except for the
        16" and 20", which supposedly will still eventually be available on the
        "MAX" GEM mount.

        -John

        > I see where OPT states that the 14" AFC has been suspended from
        > production indefinitly. Since they no longer make the GPS and I think
        > the "R", anyone planning on upgrading to a new model is out of luck---
        > unless they are coming out with something new for the 14. I just went
        > out and put another coat of wax on my gps model, for it looks like it
        > may be the last of a breed.
        > Anyone know anything about their plans?
        > Chuck S.

        AOL.com.
        (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp
        <http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000
        002> &icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

      • andyhoutexas
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
          --- Dr,Clay is correct Meade is still building the lx200s in 14'' and
          16'' they are still GPS ran with the ACF Optics. From my
          understanding its the same telescope as the 14'' GPS just different
          Optics [R/C/ACF] Meade can't say it but I can. Astronomic said the
          12'' 30 days - 14'' 90 days - 16'' 90 to 120 days. For the price they
          are worth the weight. for me anyway. I ordered a 20'' Dob. 14 months
          ago the mirror came from Germany and its not ready yet. should be 3
          more weeks. Andy

          In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "P. Clay Sherrod" <drclay@...>