Re: Update on shipping dates / availablility

  • charles.russell@asipartner.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In LX200GPS@y..., "Clay Sherrod" <sherrodc@i...> wrote:
      > Charles - I assume you are getting the LX 200 12" (or already have
      one!). My favorite medium-high power for the larger scopes is
      Meade's 8.8mm UWA. I have tried them all, some costing 3x as much,
      and I would not be without this eyepiece; I frequently use it even
      for deep sky with the 12" as well as with the 24" Cass at the
      mountain; for very small galaxies and globulars it is sensational,
      not to mention the images of very close double stars.

      > I have compared this eyepiece side-by-side to all the rest in that
      focal range and the field is wider, flatter, and the images are by
      far the crispest and brightest to the edge of this wide field. It
      literally is like looking through a porthole into space....there is
      no other way to describe it. If you have a chance, try one. You'll
      be hooked.

      > Dr. Clay

      I am getting the 12" GPS, so I will try to get hold of one of these
      Meade 8.8 UWA as soon as possible.

      Thanks for the recommendation !

      Charles