Re: A new problem: Dec backlash & PHD Guiding

  • Marty T.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:

      > --- In LX200GPS@yahoogroups.com, "Marty T." <martyt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > (Hopefully this one isn't a brain fart like my Drive Training
      > > question was...)
      >
      > They may be directly related...
      > Did you -do- a DEC Train Drives?

      Ummm.... I better not answer that question. Because if I do, I'll be
      2-for-2 tonight... :-o

      Tomorrow's chore: Train both drives (using a fixed landmark this
      time!) and then re-visit my backlash and guiding and PEC training
      issues...

      I'm sure all bets are off since I've done "significant" modifications
      to the gear train (at least as far as the computer in my telescope is
      concerned...)

      > (even better: do you have my patch kit installed, or do you have
      > Andrew's PEC editor at hand to find out what the results -were-?)
      > http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea

      That's going on the top of my to-do list. Right after I train the
      drives... ;-)

      > If you did -not- actually perform a Dec Train, that could cause
      > this symptom (the "factory default" value is 30. My 10" trains
      > to 70 in Dec (and 49 in Az)). If the Train value was too low,
      > then the percentage would have to be correspondingly -high- to
      > truly overcome the backlash. (i set mine to 11%).

      Makes perfect sense.

      Note to self: Engage brain before turning scope on...

      Thanks for your (nearly infinite) patience with me tonight...

      -Marty