are we still up and running?

  • marilyn stefanisko
    Message 1 of 13 , May 26, 2008

      just wanted to see if this group was still a go.  I recently discovered that we don't fit in with another HS groups that requires scheduled participation.  Maybe its a blessing in disguise.  I'd like to pour all of our energy into this group.  Anyone still out there willing to make it all work?  Please contact me, I am willing to take an active part in making this group happen.  With all of the budget cuts in the PS system and spec. ed.   this group may prove to be a integral part of our community

      Marilyn S

      NW Las Vegas

      Mom to Jake (9-1/2) and Jersey (3-1/2) Fragile X syndrom and Autism

    • tina jackson
      Message 2 of 13 , May 27, 2008
        I am still here.... I would be interested in meeting
        other parents and kids.

        Tina
        --- marilyn stefanisko <mvanstef2@...> wrote:

        > just wanted to see if this group was still a
        > go.  I recently discovered that we don't fit in
        > with another HS groups that requires scheduled
        > participation.  Maybe its a blessing in
        > disguise.  I'd like to pour all of our energy
        > into this group.  Anyone still out there
        > willing to make it all work?  Please contact
        > me, I am willing to take an active part in making
        > this group happen.  With all of the budget cuts
        > in the PS system and spec. ed.   this
        > group may prove to be a integral part of our
        > community
        > Marilyn S
        > NW Las Vegas
        > Mom to Jake (9-1/2) and Jersey (3-1/2) Fragile X
        > syndrom and Autism

      • kristina krist
        Message 3 of 13 , May 27, 2008
          hi.. i have four sons, one on the spectrum.. we do a lot of activities with henderson homeschoolers.. but if there is something to do with this group.. pls post.. kristina
          Message 4 of 13 , May 27, 2008
            I would like to see this group get up and running. We currently
            belong to a NW homeschooling group but many of the activities are not
            geared toward my daughter (with Down Syndrome). I am new to
            homeschooling and would like more guidance on HS a special needs
            child, what services are available, etc.
            Thanks
            Kim James

            --- In LVSpecialNeedsHS@yahoogroups.com, marilyn stefanisko

            Message 5 of 13 , May 27, 2008

              I am so glad to see that we're still here.  Does anyone have ideas about the best way to get together?  Park Day?  Maybe go to the HS skate day in June, not necessarily to skate, but just to get to know each other?  I don't know about you guys, but my kids burn out quickly in social situations, so it's hard to commit to outings.  Maybe if we all just try to go to something that's already scheduled, if it doesn't work out for some of us, no big deal.

              Just an idea......

              Kim - I am part of NW hs'rs too and like you, we just don't "fit" into many of the activities.  I am really hoping this group will be a good fit for all of us.

              Marilyn

              <mvanstef2@. ..> wrote:

              > just wanted to see if this group was still a go.&nbsp; I recently
              discovered that we don't fit in with another HS groups that requires
              scheduled participation. &nbsp; Maybe its a blessing in
              disguise.&nbsp; I'd like to pour all of our energy into this
              group.&nbsp; Anyone still out there willing to make it all work?
              &nbsp; Please contact me, I am willing to take an active part in
              making this group happen.&nbsp; With all of the budget cuts in the PS
              system and spec. ed.&nbsp;&nbsp; this group may prove to be a

              Message 6 of 13 , May 28, 2008
                I think that would be a good idea. Also on the days
                that eveyone is free we should try a free movie at the
                Regal they have free movies at 10 am throughout the
                summer. Or even going to a local pool as a group.
                Sometimes it is just nice being around moms and kids
                who can relate.

              • Linda Werner
                Message 7 of 13 , May 30, 2008

                  Does anyone want to do a park day once a week?  Somewhere with a water feature for the kids to cool off in?

                  I occasionally go to the skate day, but my 2 on the spectrum don’t like to skate.

                  We live near Rainbow and the 95 area.

                  Linda

                  Mom to Keith(12) on the spectrum, Audrey (10), Garrett (8) Aspergers, and Seth (5) colorful and lively ;)

                  I am still here.... I would be interested in meeting
                  other parents and kids.

                  Tina
                  --- marilyn stefanisko <mvanstef2@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  > just wanted to see if this group was still a
                  > go.&nbsp; I recently discovered that we don't fit in
                  > with another HS groups that requires scheduled
                  > participation. &nbsp; Maybe its a blessing in
                  > disguise.&nbsp; I'd like to pour all of our energy
                  > into this group.&nbsp; Anyone still out there
                  > willing to make it all work?&nbsp; Please contact
                  > me, I am willing to take an active part in making
                  > this group happen.&nbsp; With all of the budget cuts
                  > in the PS system and spec. ed.&nbsp;&nbsp; this
                  > group may prove to be a integral part of our
                  > community
                  > Marilyn S
                  > NW Las Vegas
                  > Mom to Jake (9-1/2) and Jersey (3-1/2)
                  Fragile X
                  > syndrom and Autism

                • tina jackson
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 30, 2008
                    What time are you thinking about?

                    Mountain Crest has a nice water park and there is a
                    group of homeschoolers that meet there on Tuesday.

                    Tina
                    Daughter 11 asperger

                  • marilyn stefanisko
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 30, 2008

                      a park day sounds great.  We are at Farm/Tenaya.  Anyone who's interested, let's post days that are best and our area of town.  Maybe we can find a central location.

                      Marilyn

                      Mom to Jake (9-1/2, Fragile X/Autism) & Jersey (3-1/2 Fragile X/Autism)

                      I am still here.... I would be interested in meeting
                      other parents and kids.

                      Tina
                      --- marilyn stefanisko <mvanstef2@yahoo. com> wrote:

                      > just wanted to see if this group was still a
                      > go.&nbsp; I recently discovered that we don't fit in
                      > with another HS groups that requires scheduled
                      > participation. &nbsp; Maybe its a blessing in
                      > disguise.&nbsp; I'd like to pour all of our energy
                      > into this group.&nbsp; Anyone still out there
                      > willing to make it all work?&nbsp; Please contact
                      > me, I am willing to take an active part in making
                      > this group happen.&nbsp; With all of the budget cuts
                      > in the PS system and spec. ed.&nbsp;&nbsp; this
                      > group may prove to be a integral part of our
                      > community
                      > Marilyn S
                      > NW Las Vegas
                      > Mom to Jake (9-1/2) and Jersey (3-1/2) Fragile X
                      > syndrom and Autism

                    • jonkim28
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 30, 2008
                        A park day would be great. My girls are kicking to get out. I am at
                        Craig and Commerce. Anyday but Mondays is great for me.

                        <mvanstef2@...> wrote:

                        > a park day sounds great.  We are at Farm/Tenaya.  Anyone
                        who's interested, let's post days that are best and our area of
                        town.  Maybe we can find a central location.

                        > Marilyn
                        > Mom to Jake (9-1/2, Fragile X/Autism) & Jersey (3-1/2 Fragile
                        X/Autism)

                      • marilyn stefanisko
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 30, 2008

                          Mountain Crest sounds good Tina.  What time does the other group go on Tues.?

                          If it works for everyone else, I'm in.

                          Marilyn

                          Mom to Jake (9) & Jersey (3)

                          ---

                          Drive Traffic

                          Sponsored Search

                          can help increase

                          your site traffic.

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Stay healthy

                          and discover other

                          people who can help.

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Lawn & Garden

                          ideas and tips

                          for a green thumb.

                          .

                        • tina jackson
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 31, 2008
                            I tried to contact the person who organizes this park
                            day and I have not been able to hear from her yet.
                            They usually meet from 2 to 4 on Tuesday, but her and
                            I spoke last week and she wanted to move it to 10-12
                            because of the heat. I just checked the weather and
                            this Tuesday it will be 96 degree. If it works for
                            everyone else we can meet at 10 this Tuesday on our
                            own.

                            Tina
                            --- marilyn stefanisko <mvanstef2@...> wrote:

                            > Mountain Crest sounds good Tina.  What time
                            > does the other group go on Tues.?
                            > If it works for everyone else, I'm in.
                            >
                            > Marilyn
                            > Mom to Jake (9) & Jersey (3)
                            >
                            > ---
                            >

                            > Visit Your Group
                            >

                            > Drive Traffic
                            > Sponsored Search
                            > can help increase
                            > your site traffic.
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups
                            > Stay healthy
                            > and discover other
                            > people who can help.
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups
                            > Lawn & Garden
                            > ideas and tips
                            > for a green thumb.
                            > .

                          • marilyn stefanisko
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 31, 2008

                              10:00 or earlier is great for us.  Don't want to bake the kids in the sun.

                              We are early birds.  Wake up at very latest by 7:30 am.  Esp. in the summer, to beat the heat.  Let us know if 9:30 - 10:00 might work for you all.  We'd love to hook up with you guys. Maybe the small number of people would work out well at first and we could build up to a larger number?

                              Marilyn

                              momma to Jake (9) and Jersey (3)