citywide homeschool holiday party

  • susanvallone
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2010
      Happy Holidays Fellow Homeschool Group Moderators!

      (I apologize if this invitation has reached you more than once! I have such a hard time collecting group emails that do not come back with Mailer-Daemons and such! I am trying my best to make sure all of the regular attendees do not miss this invitation ~ but boy the email address part can be rough, lol. Sometimes they change addresses or the groups disband and so on. So again ~ please forgive any intrusion or spam!)

      It is the time again!! I humbly invite you and your group members to join us once again for our annual Homeschool Holiday Gathering! It would not be the same without you! Thank you so much for helping make our previous years so very successful!

      Please forward the following invitation to your group members so that are informed of this years party 411! And please let me know at anytime if you have any questions at all! I am happy to help!

      If I do not get the chance to see you this year ~ I want to wish you the very best of holidays, and a truly blessed new year!

      Thank you for your combined help and support for our local homeschooling families!

      It is that time again!

      We invite you to join us for

      The LVHSG 5th Annual Homeschool Holiday Party

      Monday, December 20th

      4:30p – 6:30p

      Sahara West Library

      Multipurpose Room

      (You Must RSVP For This Event! See Instructions Below)

      As always, this will be a POTLUCK PARTY ~ so bring a holiday treat to share!!

      And just like every year before, there will be loads of holiday cheer to enjoy!

      And Much More!

      We will even have a visit from you know who!!

      This is a time for all of our local Homeschooling families to come together and wish one another the happiest of holidays ~ and a blessed new year!

      Please forward this invitation to all of your local Homeschooling friends and groups!

      I know the date and time this year differs greatly to our previous holiday parties. I apologize for this. There were a few intruding factors that played a part in this. But I truly hope that many of our Homeschooling friends ~ both new and familiar ~ will be able to join in the festivities with us!

      Looking for a way to donate and/or give back to our community for the holidays? Let us help! Bring a toy ~ for any age of boy or girl ~ to drop in our holiday donation box ~ and these toys will go directly to our local

      And just in time for Christmas!

      Because of several issues in the past with used toys, we ask that all donations are new and never opened.

      Because these toys will be going to a hospital, we must be careful about our donations. And you would be surprised just how much our local Children's Hospital needs these donations! They are not listed as an actual charity ~ but many of these children live in the hospitals ~ along with their families who have put every dime into their child's health care. And they often do not have the time to spend on holiday shopping ~ as every moment is spent with their children.

      Thank you to everyone who donated to Sunrise through LVHSG last year. There simply are not enough words to express how meaningful each and every item was to them.

      So if you are planning to attend the party ~ use this as your opportunity to begin educating your children on donating, helping, and giving to others in need ~ in the true spirit of this holiday!

      And feel free to have your child add a card with their gift!

      You can take them to the SCH website let them know a little about the place that they are donating to!

      Sahara West Library

      is located at

      9600 West Sahara Avenue
      Las Vegas, NV 89117

      POTLUCK: Potlucking for this event is simple ~ bring any treat you would like of any size! The more, the merrier of course! It can be store bought or homemade! You decide! And we love healthy treats too! We will get plenty of sugary delights for sure ~ so feel free to bring something different!

      PLEASE RSVP for this event so that we can plan accordingly! All sign-ups must be in no later than December 18th!

      LVHSG Members: RSVP in Database

      All Others ~

      To RSVP ~ send an email to:

      Subject: Holiday Party RSVP

      Include First & Last Name

      # Adults Attending

      # Children Attending

      (Want to volunteer? We could use your assistance with setup and breakdown. I begin setting up for the party at 3:30. I will show my appreciation with a little holiday treat for my volunteers! Just mention in your RSVP if you would like to arrive early or stay late ~ both are only for about 30 minutes!)

      I am so looking forward to yet another wonderful holiday celebration with our Homeschooling friends!

      Heather McDonald
      Las Vegas Homeschool Group

      you can reply directly to
      Heather McDonald