October 16th: Our First Annual Great Clothing Swap

  • adamsimonis6
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      October 16th: Our First Annual Great Clothing Swap
      Hey guys, As you go through the clothes for the next season and determine what you have , what you need and don't need.. please consider swapping or just donating to LVVHSN's First Annual Great Clothing Swap on October 16th.

      This is how it will work,
      you can just donate, or
      you can donate and swap, or
      you can volunteer some time assisting us with making this happen. Kids volunteering a huge huge plus because getting preteens and teens involved is what we want to do.. or
      you can do all of it..

      If you plan to swap, what would make it really easy would be to contact us before the swap date at lvvhsn@... for pick up.

      You can start doing this NOW, you don't have to wait till closer to the date. Clothes for both adults and kids need to be in reasonably good shape without stains or tears, and not needing any necessary mending, and any season is fine. Clothes from the fall and the winter are preferred though. Hats and Costumes will be accepted too.

      By donating your items early for the swap, we can sort the clothes by size so its really really easy the day of the actual swap for everyone. The number of items you bring in is the maximum number you can swap. You will get a ticket with the number and if you lose the number, your info will be on a clipboard so no worries.

      The Date? October 16, which is a Friday from 8am to 8:30 pm.

      The location of the swap? Its at a Mormon Church Hall on Viking Street near Chapparal High School. Address will be given later.. All clothes that are not swapped will be donated to one of their programs so the left over clothes will go to someone that will need it.

      We are looking for volunteers to help for some of the time. Preteens a mature 9 year old or 10 to 12) and Teen Homeschoolers totally wanted and welcome.. Its community service.. Preteens and Teens that help out will receive a letter stating that they did community service for our group.. Looks great on a college ap you know..

      Well, now please spread the word.. Tell your neighbors, tell them to tell the places they go worship at, tell the sitter, tell the librarian.. spread the word..

      Oh, swappers don't have to be homeschoolers..

      This idea came from Davin Gaddy at Henderson Homeschoolers.. we just kind of expanded it and made it huge.. I love this idea becuase we all could use it and its totally green too..

      A special thanks to the LDS church for loaning us their rec hall at the Viking Chapel. Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network is a non-demonational nonprofit group.

      Spread the word.. Homeschoolers Rock!!!

      Kristina
      LVVHSN.org
      and Henderson Homeschoolers.