Fw: [LasVegasValleyHomeschoolNetwork] Field Day /Picnic Information. Date Change.. but Ck out what's happening on May 13th.. Please read on.. Kristina

  • kristina krist
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009

      Sent: Friday, May 1, 2009 10:28:34 AM
      Subject: [LasVegasValleyHomeschoolNetwork] Field Day /Picnic Information. Date Change.. but Ck out what's happening on May 13th.. Please read on.. Kristina

      Postponed until Sept. 23rd. Valley Wide Homeschool Field Day Homeschool Picnic : Please Read

      Hello Everyone,  Our group, Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network (www.lvvhsn.org)  is a nonprofit group that aims to bring homeschoolers together to get know each other, to help each other out, and to help others out in the community that need help.

      With the recent outbreak of “swine flu” not to mention the regular flu, we have decided to postpone the field day/picnic until September 23rd. We would be very sad if even one kid got a really bad case of the flu at our picnic.

      I personally think that the media has hyped the flu way out of proportion resulting in fear and misinformation. More people have become far sicker from the flu that infects us every year and have died than the “swine flu”. Then there are these three examples that have just happened in the last three days. One member sneezed in the store and she had a kleenex too, and people moved fast away from her. Another member (and she happens to be my son’s speech teacher) has had clients cancel because she has a sinus infection (confirmed by her doctor). Last, another member, who’s hubby runs a restaurant had to inform the staff that the swine flu isn’t transferred by eating pork since many customers were asking.

      Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network, Henderson Homeschoolers, Life Long Learners, and Henderson Share will be getting together at Acacia Park that day anyway. If you would like to join us, please come and please bring a bag of gently used clothes for SafeNest for donation. They will be there with their truck from 12 till 3. We will be playing some field games but informally. Bring some lunch, a few towels (its a waterpark), bring food to share if you wish. We will start arriving there at noon.

      There will be some crafts the kids can paint (btw, paint doesn't wash out) and if you would like to put a dollar or two in our donation jug that would be really swell.

      Acacia Park is just south of the 215 and Gibson. If you are coming from the 95, you would take the 215 west, get off on Gibson, go south, turn left at the light where the Jack in the Box is on the right side of the street. Then follow that til the park. If you are traveling east on the 215, you still would get off on Gibson and head south,the same directions.

      All of us at Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network feel its very important to network with other homeschoolers to maximize the present and future opportunities for our children. We hope to see you at the park even just to visit a little bit.

      If you would still like to sign up for the Field day/Picnic in September please fill the form out at www.lvvhsn.org  We will send you a reminder two weeks and one week before, along with an updated list of the activities that we will have in store for the kids.