Valley Wide Homeschool Picnic in May

  • kristina
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2009
      Hey Everyone, Just wanted to tell you that a few of us have formed a
      group called Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network @yahoogroups. (the
      name all pushed together if you want to join) with the intent of
      bringing homeschoolers all across the valley to work together on
      community service projects.

      Our first project is to have a 3 day festival or picnic in May. We
      now have parks approval (approval seemed to take forever!) to have
      this at 3 different parks around Henderson!

      The reason I am posting are two. I wanted to tell you about field
      day. One day will be a field day with field activities broken down by
      age group as well as a category for kids with special needs. One day
      will be getting together at water park for lunch and a curriculum
      swap.. swap key word and one day we hope to have a talent show and a
      special guest from the strip to raise money for SafeNest.

      My second reason for posting is that we are looking for other
      homeschoolers to help put this on, homeschoolers that will help us
      get sponsors and homeschoolers that will volunteer on one or all of
      the picnic days.

      Our current task is to get sponsors to give as little as $10 or more
      based upon tier packaging which today is in the polishing stages.
      Our yahoogroup, Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network has teamed up
      with Shea so we can do this with nonprofit status to make it easier
      to have a successful fun picnic while giving back to the community.

      If you would like to join us, we would love to have you!
      Find us at yahoo groups, just search
      LasVegasValleyHomeschoolNetwork@yahoogroups and we should be the
      first group.

      Thanks for reading.. Kristina Krist,
      mom to Adam, Kyle, Blake, and Aiden
      member of this group
      Owner of Henderson Homeschoolers
      Owner of Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network

      and April Davis
      mom to 5, one on the spectrum
      moderator of Henderson Homeschoolers
      Owner of Las Vegas Valley Homeschool Network.