Traffic.....

  • Charlie Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      The problem is that 4-way stop signs can't be used for slowing traffic
      down. I was rejected in applying for one on bronson ave and here is
      the reason the city engineer sited,

      "all-way stop sign control is installed for the purpose of assigning
      right-of-way in a reasonable and efficient manner, at locations having
      large volumes of traffic on both streets and there is a need for more
      restricitve control of right-of-way assignment or at locations where
      an unusual degree of hazard has been demonstrated."

      I agree about the stop-signs, but the city is very reluctant to
      install all-way stop signs because of various legal reasons. I suspect
      if they don't find that corner hazardous, I don't know what qualify to
      them I find this ironic, as it would cost much more money to install
      speed humps than to hammer in a few metal posts with signs on them.

      Speed Humps do work, ask some of your friends on Van Ness and Arden.
      we know several people that live near those newer humps and they tell
      me that it has slowed down traffic. If anyone lives near those areas,
      could you tell us your reaction to the humps on your street?

      Charlie Hutchinson